160 thermostat

delcreek

i installed a 160 degree thermostat but my fan doesnt come on at 160. what do i need to do next?

i dont think i am running a TT (thats turbo tweak right) i bought the ecm from gbodyparts and the fan comes on at about 200 degrees. do i have to get another chip or is there something else i can do?

Whats the rest of your combo Have you done spring cleaning and such already? I would get a turbo tweak chip

ill definitely get the chip. the rest of my combo includes: rebuilt motor, ported and polished heads, poston gn107t cam, poston headers, 4" rjc intake pipe w/kn air filter, 3.5 ls1 maf and translator, 6031 te60 turbo from gbodyparts, 3,000 stall converter from tci, stockintercooler, stock downpipe, walbro 340 fuelpump. this is an 85 car with converted 87 engine and im fairly new to these cars but does this combo sound about right? i dont want to add anything else unless i have to because the car still isnt running right. aside from the fan my other problem is that when the car warms up and i blip the throttle, the car turns off. i thoght this might be a vaccum leak but i havent found the leak yet if there is one. thanks for all the help, this forum is awesome.

Yeah you definitely need to order a turbotweak chip. You got a scan master right? if not you need that too. You can get them both from the same spot. Hope there is injectors and alky or race gas in that car too or your running low boost.

Somebody else on here had this problem recently and I think it was his cam sensor not sure though. Try disconnecting the cam sensor and seeing what it does.

as far as i know the chip is stock but ill open up the ecm box and check. i just now got the scanmaster readings and they are: o2 jumps fromthe 200's to 800's, kr 0, af 05, l8 33-35, bat 13.5, int 106-121, bl 105, clt 203, ats 71,rpm 775-850, tps 44, iac stays around 23 but sometimes goes to 0, nal 23. i have stock fp regulator and one of those fuel rail gauges but i have an adjustable fp reg and a new gauge that i can see from seat that i am going to change right now so if it reads different ill let you know but as of now fp is 40 with vacc and 60 without vacc. any help would be greatly appreciated i am going crazy!

i just checked the ecm and the chip reads: CMW 0603 SERV. NO. 1227148 860394 M621891059
i believe it is stock. any ideas on what the problem is or where to start?

rebuilt motor, ported and polished heads, poston gn107t cam, poston headers, 4" rjc intake pipe w/kn air filter, 3.5 ls1 maf and translator, 6031 te60 turbo from gbodyparts, 3,000 stall converter from tci, stockintercooler, stock downpipe, walbro 340 fuelpump

What injectors?????? Did I miss it??? Step 1 matching chip and a adjustable fuel pressure reg. Make sure the translator is correctly set.

i have car in park so its not under boost. i just installed the new adjustable fp reg and gauge, fp is 39 vacc on. also i just got trouble code 45 so i guess im rich on o2's as well. im going to lean it out on the translator and see what happens. i really appreciate your input, if you have any other ideas let me know.

i changed the dips to on on on off still acts the same, im starting to think its the maf sensor although its new. getting a little frustrated. do you think the egr valve could cause this? how can i check if it is good? also im getting a code 23 for the ats sensor, i just reinstalled the steering column, is this related to the ats sensor in any way?

Are we certain the chip you have matches injectors?

Air Temp Sensor is in the air filter or close to it.

You can pull the EGR open by pushing on the diaphram with your fingers. Stick your fingers under the egr vacuum pod and pull toward you. This can be a hot area so do when motor is cold but running.

Make sure no leaks between the maf and and plenum. Try setting maf base to 1 and see how it runs. Once the motor is warm, report back with scanmaster data at idle.

You really could use a modern chip.....

RL