160 bl"s

Could I have a short in the 02 sensor wire that goes into the harness and that's why it continues to read while being unplugged?

thats one thought. the O2 sensor circuit in the ECM has its own ground wire that connects to the engine.

It sounds like its in the O2 circuit path anyway....

When the sensor is cold, its behaves like an open circuit (like its disconnected) so the ECM has internal circuitry (bias resistors) to make the input go to mid range, so the loop does not close, and the integrator/BLMs do not update. Once the sensor warms up, it drives the circuit normally. But a grounded wire would do something like this...

Bob

Thanks for all the help Bob. It's just weird that the day I got pissed and jerked on the harnes that it idled better and smoother than it had in years! For the last 6 months anyway! :(

WTF??? Went to drive it and now the blm is totally opposite!! Stuck on 90! Barely running! AF numbers jumping all over the place! 07,255,42,7 188, etc! :(

OK, found most of the problem! Two wires in the wiring harness on the drivers side were melted together and touching the exhaust manifold! Separated them and taped them up and now she will at least run better! BLM's down to 135! But when it rains it pours! Now my brake light started flashing on and off every couple of seconds! It finally quit though but here is something really weird! When i touch the brakes the brake light comes on and my BLM's go to 160 again! What would the brakes and the BLM's have to do with each other??? Confused!!! :(

Sounds like you need to start tracing every single wire. Ouch. Don't envy you that job, that's for sure.