160 bl"s

might have a gasket issue where the EGR valve mounts. Generally a 160 BLM at idle, but normal BLMs at cruise, is from a vacuum leak. There are other potential causes, but this is most likely.

Bob

Under gradual acceleration they come down into the low 140's but as soon as I level out my speed they're right back to 160! When I let off to start coasting they drop to 128 for a few seconds but after stopping they go to 160 again with rough idle! :(

unplug the O2 sensor, reset the ECM and see if it drives better. (checking to see if the O2 sensor is lying)

Bob

Unplugged the 02 sensor and reset the ECM with no change! Btw, while running with the 02 sensor unplugged it was still reading cross counts! Is that normal? Anyway, this happened about 6 months ago and out of frustration I grabbed the wiring harness that runs beside the drivers side valve cover and shook it really hard and the car smoothed out and ran perfectly until now! :(

so, you unplugged the O2 sensor, and reset the ECM, and it runs ok? (The BLMs should all be stuck at 128 now).

the O2 volts should be stuck at .399 to .440 v (no cross counts)

B

sounds like connector/ground/splice issues (there are splices in the harness from the factory)

Bob

Do you want me to start the car THEN unplug the 02 sensor and THEN reset the ECM ?

When I unplugged the o2 sensor and reset the ECM and started it back up the blm's were on 128 but climbed right back up to 160!

no, unplug the O2 sensor, and leave it unplugged.

reset the ECM (unplug the orange wire for a few seconds), and plug it back in.

drive the car around with the O2 still unplugged. The O2 voltage should be stuck between .390 and .440, and you should not get crosscounts (or at least they should not change).

When I unplugged the o2 sensor and reset the ECM and started it back up the blm's were on 128 but climbed right back up to 160!

what is your o2 voltage reading at that time?

is there ~anything~ connected to the O2 sensor circuit (O2 gauge, etc....)

Bob

Ok, unplugged o2 sensor and reset ECM. Drive the car and o2 volts were stuck at 394. Blm's were stuck at 128 however the cross counts were moving normaly!

check your ECM connector for corrosion?

loose grounds on the back of the cylinder head?

replace the O2 sensor regardless.

B