16" front 18" back????

18's all the way around would look great. Not liken the 16's up front too much though. A 17" might do the trick but there's to too much of a drastic change between the front and rear.

Rob, can I give you a couple pointers? I know the direction that you are trying to take the car. And I can help a little. First trick when doing different diameters: Dont use a tall tire on the taller rim. This actually makes the wheel look bigger. On your car, I would simply drop to a shorter tire first off, install a set of Moog 5413 springs on the rear. You can do this for pretty cheap. Those springs are only about $75. Tires are exactly cheap but arent rediculous either. What is your rear tire size?

After reading this thread, I was disappointed to see it died off so quickly and so am reviving it now.

Four years after jdpolzin's post I want to poll the TB community and discover who out there is running a staggered wheel diameter set-up (i.e. 15/16, 16/17, 17/18 or, in buickrob's case, something more pronounced).

I am leaning this direction with a future wheel/tire purchase but observe that most owners go with like diameters front and rear. Therefore, for those who did pursue a staggered look, what were the thoughts and motivations behind your choices?

Of course, pictures are worth a thousand MORE words so post them as you please...

I just ordered my wheels. Front will be a 17x8 with a 3.750 BS. Rear is a 18x10 with a 4.750 BS. Wheels are the Boze Mesh with a gloss black center, polished lip. Tires front are 255/45/17 and rear is 285/40/18. Front tire is 26" diameter and rear is 27". Rims are custom made.:cool:

I just ordered my wheels. Front will be a 17x8 with a 3.750 BS. Rear is a 18x10 with a 4.750 BS. Wheels are the Boze Mesh with a gloss black center, polished lip. Tires front are 255/45/17 and rear is 285/40/18. Front tire is 26" diameter and rear is 27". Rims are custom made.:cool:

I hope that's enough backspace for the fronts. I'm running 4.5" on mine.
On the back, you may need to roll the fender lips. I did with 17x10, 4.75 b.s.
Good luck! and post pics!

It's actually a little more than what I have now. My current set up is a 17x8 with a 3.50 BS.

Lost2a6: Please post pics when you get the Boze wheels. I love those wheels. Staggered should look great! Did you get the smooth or lipped wheel?

You HAVE to lower that. Looks like you are going 4 wheeling ;) I kind of like the 16"/18"combo but I think I would like an 18"/18" a lot better.