16" front 18" back????

buickrob

Think a 16" front wheel with a 26" tire would look ridiculous with an 18" rear wheel and a 28" tire? They should have the same amount of sidewall rubber so that would look ok.

I'm after a staggered diameter look and love the Chrome IROC wheels Summit has but there is no 17 so it would leave a 2 inch stagger. Just not sure if that would look ridiculous.

I don't think it would look too bad IMO. You have to really look to notice a 16/17 or 17/18 stagger. 16/18 would probably not look much different than big slicks with skinnies on the front (which Lots of guys here run). You won't know until you try (or photoshop) it. :biggrin:

Well I bought the wheels originally for the White T but that didn't work out so I figured I'd throw them on the GN since I can't return them due to tires being mounted already.

This is 16" up front with a 26" tire and 18" out back with a 28" tire. Looks like it could use a slight drop in the front.

P1030257.jpg

P1030258.jpg

It's interesting how the picture from the rear, the difference is more noticable than the picture from the front. IMO the difference in tire height gives it enough of a rake, I think a 1" drop all around would look good. :biggrin:

Not to crazy about it. Get 2 more 18s for the front. Introduce those 16s to E-Bay.

Found this pic, not the best example but I just think the 18's look too big up front. I'll stick with the 16's for a bit.

40747d1200280820-iroc-replica-wheels-regal-0122071930.jpg

Found this pic, not the best example but I just think the 18's look too big up front. I'll stick with the 16's for a bit.

40747d1200280820-iroc-replica-wheels-regal-0122071930.jpg

I think those 18s look good in front. Ether way, pretty cool wheels. That chrome really makes a difference.

I dont think those are 18's on that GN. Looks like 20's. I have 18's all the way around on mine and it looks great. I'm not a big fan of the 16's up front either.

Well I do wish they had a 17" because I would have preffered that up front but I wanted a staggered look so this will do for now.

I really think you need a staggered set for the best look. (IMO)!! I think your car looks better as is than it would with 18's all around. Most GN's with 18's all around, the front wheel looks big TO ME. (same with all 19's or 20's too.) Even my car with 17's just isn't quite right. I hope to get a set of 18 X 9's for the rear to try. I think that would look better. :confused: Couldn't make up my mind when I got the 17's originally, and I STILL can't :eek:

Boys, boys, boys...its not just rim diam! consider tire sidewall height and wheel well gap as an equal factor, they have a ton to do w/ the look and stance of a car once completed. I have seen 18" that look bigger than my 20s because the car is a 4x4 w/ tall side walls and tons of gap.
Its like everything else, its an entire system of parts thatcreate the look. I wouldnt go less than 18" on anything, and if your gap is greater than the sidewall height, you look 4x4 and your rims will look ridiculous, 15" or 20"!

btw, that car w/ the big Irocs, those are 20"s...I guarantee you. and no engine make it look lifted.

My 2cents.... I think you would be surprised at how much better your car would look if the wheel lips sat right at or just below the top of the tire. Hers what Greg is talking about....

Gregs car on 20s
GNon20s.jpg

Jeremys on 18s
IMG_5541.jpg

No gaps on either car.. both bad a$$

My 2cents.... I think you would be surprised at how much better your car would look if the wheel lips sat right at or just below the top of the tire. Hers what Greg is talking about....

Gregs car on 20s
GNon20s.jpg

I like that look but do you rub like crazy?

I like that look but do you rub like crazy?

Nope I pie cut the fender wells in the front and trimmed lips on all 4 wells. I treat it like its a rented mule every time I go out.

BTW, Thanks for the compliments Rob, and I agree Jeremy also NAILED it, and w/ better parts than I used. He's still suspension king.

Here's a bad Photochop of your car lowered all the way around. I wanted to see what your car would look like lower haha.

Attachments

• GN.jpg
    GN.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 292