15x9 In Back Spacing Rear Wheel?

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
I plan on ordering a set of REAR 15x9 inch rims for my soon to be T. It does not have a frame notch or mini tub. What would be the correct back spacing for this? It will fit right?

Im also going with a stock wheel base in the front with 15x7. Back spacing is 4.5 on that correct?

What did you get???? Curious minds want to know.:biggrin: :confused:

Something that won't collect dust in my garage....:) Yea, I decided on that low mile blue T. Maybe this year I can actually meet you at the car show now with my own car:biggrin:.

Something that won't collect dust in my garage....:) Yea, I decided on that low mile blue T. Maybe this year I can actually meet you at the car show now with my own car:biggrin:.

Wise choice I think!! Maybe you will hang on to this one.:) Why the 15 x9 wheels???:) :confused:

Anyone else have experience with a 15x9 inch rear wheel on stock TR?

Brett,
What wheel are you referering to? Not very many @ 15x9. Depending on the tire to be used Anthing more than 4.5in BS will cause major issues. With this BS you can use thin spacers for minor tuning of the wheel. You will absolutely need to trim the fender lip on just about any tire you put on this wheel..

Im using 17 x 9.5 with 4.5 backspacing and have plenty of clearance.

I have 2 sets of 15 X 8.5 Centerlines. They both have 3.5 backspacing. It brings the tire right out to the end of the wheel well. I can take a picture this weekend if you want.

Hi Brett
I was at Kash's last summer
Don't know if you remembered my 84 GN with 275/50/15 Nitto's
On 10" Road Warrior rims
Back spacing 3.375" or 4"
So 9" should work fine

I plan on ordering a set of REAR 15x9 inch rims for my soon to be T. It does not have a frame notch or mini tub. What would be the correct back spacing for this? It will fit right?

Im also going with a stock wheel base in the front with 15x7. Back spacing is 4.5 on that correct?

I have 15x9 Centerline Warriors on my car with 28 inch mickey drag radials, no pics yet but they willl fit. I had to roll the lip on the quarter panel on the drivers side to get it to fit though. Back spacing is 4.5 inch.

Just gonna go with some 15x8 Billet Specialty street lites. Seems like too much drama with little or no benifit. I was gonna custom order the 15x9. What is the correct backspacing for a G-Body with this wheel? Thanx....

I just got a pair of 15x9 Weld Alumastars w/ a 4" backspace. They fit fine. The back of the wheel/tire just clears the frame rail by a fingertip at it's closest, at the bend twd the rear. The rest I say going off hand clears the frame about 3/8 to 1/2. Now on the fender side I can get 2 fingertips in between the closest it comes in contact (rear edge of well). This is with a 275/60/15 MT Drag radial. I do have the fenderlip rolled and airbags that are low right now at about 5-8 psi.w/ a pair or HR's airbag spacers. Hope this helps. I'll try to get som pics later...These 9" wide rims definitely gets rid of the bulge on the sidewall that my 8" wide had. Plus these wheels look cooler...;)

--Alan

im using 15 x 9 pro star xps with billet centers, originally bs was 5.5",using a bolt in billet spacer of 1" to 1 1/4" they fit fine with no rubbing on either side-i have a extra set with caps 4/sale if you need them. these are strong wheels and are no longer available from weld.

I don't know what my off-set is but I'm running 16x11's w 255/50's on the rear and they fix perfect.

4.25"-4.50" backspace keeps the wheel tucked in the wheel well without rubbing on either side on most cars.

I believe the proper BS on the 15x7 would be 3.5.