15x10 wheels ?

Raist103

what bs do you guys seem to like and anyone have pics? i checked out the wheel thread and seems mostly like 15x8 is 4bs and 15x10 is a 5bs or flush look without sticking out. i run a 275/60/15 mt tire

BIG difference between an 8 and a 10" rim !! :eek:

Attachments

• 8 t0 10.jpg
    8 t0 10.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 640
A 5" back spacing will hit the frame. 4.5" with that tire. At the tightest point you have about 5/16-3/8" clearance depending on steel or an aluminum drum.

15x10 5.5 bs with a 275/60 will work on a stock frame car. Frame centered under car. Fender lips will need to be trimmed and the car cannot be too low.

15x10 5.5 bs with a 275/60 will work on a stock frame car. Frame centered under car. Fender lips will need to be trimmed and the car cannot be too low.

I think you meant 4.5 bs. That's what most people run on here with 15x10 wheels.

I just bought 15x10 5.0 BS wheels with 275/60/15 MT streets. I'm going to use spacers to get them centered as best as possible without sticking out. Plus if you ever step up to disk brakes or aluminum drums you have room to re-adjust. With the 4.5 BS they'll just stick out even further.

well i ended up with 15x8's i didnt like the looks of the 10s and the 8s i had before worked fine. had to go with a 3.5bs since they only sold them in 1/2"s and i was afraid of the frame at 4.5bs.

well i ended up with 15x8's i didnt like the looks of the 10s and the 8s i had before worked fine. had to go with a 3.5bs since they only sold them in 1/2"s and i was afraid of the frame at 4.5bs.

I would have gone with the 4.5 and used a 1/4" spacer. I think the 3.5 is goin to be close to the outside lip.

I thought about that and figured it was safer to roll my lips then add a sPacer when running mid 10s or faster

28266959-ADR-47[1].jpgI also run a 15 x 10 with 4.5 back space. Since the rearend is not square in the frame, I have to run a 1/4" spacer on the passenger side to keep the tire from rubbing on the frame.

I should have added that were using a 1/2 spacer also. I have no good pics of the set up on the car but these are the wheels we used.New Image.jpg

Hate to bring a thread back from the dead. But is that car running spacers or anything? I had a blow out last night and damaged one of my rear wheels and found a good set of 15x10 rallyes for 75 bucks and wondering if I should pull the trigger on the deal or not. I appreciate any help

No spacers on mine but the fender wells are trimmed about a 1/2 inch. That was done with a Sawzall. I had already used the BFH treatment on the frame rails to make the 10.5 inch Goodyear slicks on identical wheels fit, so you might have to do that. As long as the back space isn't more that 4.5 you shouldn't have a problem.

I'd go for it......

I have since had the cars' rear end notched, gussetted and a new Auburn posi unit installed. I wish I had gone that direction in the first place but that's just me.....Live and learn.....I'm now running a 10 inch Weld Rodlite with a 5.5 inch backspace and 295/50/15's.

I think I can get a 12 inch wheel under there now and REALLY make the rear end look fat ...... Time and money will tell.....

TNTSNBS's car has the rear end setup that I personally think looks best of any TR I've ever seen. I think that car has a mini-tub done to it though....$$$

I'll try to post up some pics when I get to work Monday.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.....:D

Thanks for the quick reply. Your car sounds like a beast it looks awesome too. I'm hoping these 10s fit without issue. I just bought this car and I asked the PO if he knew what the width and backspacing were on the wheels on it but he couldn't remember. Its running 275/60/15s right now so I think it might have 10s on it already and they don't rub. Its got a 7.5 rear end and its running extended lug studs. I don't think the PO notched the frame or trimmed the wells because I think he would've told me because he pretty much went over every inch if the car and told me all the things he's done to it over the years.

Here's the car with the notch and 295/50/15 MT DR's on Weld 15x10 Rod Lights w/5.5 back space.

[]100_0582.JPG100_0583.JPG100_0584.JPG100_0580.JPG