15" GTA wheels

SPOOLN87GN

SPEEDING BRICK!
Is there such a thing as 15" gta wheels? If so, what's the info on them..
Thanx in advance for any info..

Yes, there were some manufacturers who made 15" "GTA style" wheels... Some show up on Ebay every now and then...or do a search here...

Claude. :smile:

Enkei's are close, but not exact. Unless they're custom made, I don't think you're going to find a 15" rim with the same exact mesh center section as a GTA.

The one's I have in the picture are custom Enkei's...15x8 with 3.5" backspacing. That's them on the rear in the car photo (before I removed the white paint Hoosier lettering). 16" GTA's are on the front.

Attachments

• enkei1.jpg
    enkei1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 259
  • GN with QTPs.jpg
    GN with QTPs.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 438
there are a lot of wheels that people call "GTA wheels" that range in diameter from 14" to 16".
but the Pontiac Trans Am GTA only came with the 16X8 mesh style wheels that look so awesome on everything.. the GTA never had a 15" wheel, so there is no such thing as a 15" GTA wheel.
some Berettas, Cavaliers, and Sunbirds came with 15" wheels that look a lot like GTA wheels. . i don't know if they had dimples or not..

The reason I'm asking this question is because I found a guy in my city that has some 15" wheels that look exactly like the 16" GTA wheels.. He said that they are 7.5" wide.. The lip on them looks really small compared to the 16" ones.. And I'm kinda wondering if the will fit my GN correctly..

They will fit but are 7" wide, not 7.5". He measured from the out side of the wheels not the inside where the tires bead will ride.

I have a set of GTA "style" wheels off a 86 TA. Didnt come off a GTA but theres no better term for them. Different style than a 16", curved inwards instead of flat like a real GTA. Plus they are all polished aluminum with the exection of the sides of the mesh part. They are cheep too consering not every not everyone wants a "little 15X7" that isn't a GNX style wheel.
picture1044.jpg

picture849.jpg

I have a set of GTA "style" wheels off a 86 TA. Didnt come off a GTA but theres no better term for them. Different style than a 16", curved inwards instead of flat like a real GTA. Plus they are all polished aluminum with the exection of the sides of the mesh part. They are cheep too consering not every not everyone wants a "little 15X7" that isn't a GNX style wheel.
picture1044.jpg

picture849.jpg

Yup those are it! Except that the mesh is painted black..

I got them for $200.. I think it's a good price.. Now I gotta get them polished and cleaned up.. Can't wait to put them on my national..

If you figure out how to clean the spokes on them tell me. I havnt found a polishing wheel small enough. My front wheels fill with brake dust in 500 miles. :mad: