130mph on stock original unrebuilt shortblock!!

My Combo!!

Originally posted by buickman69
What size turbo?? John Craig LT 76 GTQ

Intercooler???---10 year old Duttweiler front mount

Injectors???--72lb bendex injs. Fuel pump??--Red Armstrong double intank pumps.

Torque converter??---Old Art Carr non lockup (199630)3200 stall.

Who's chip??---DFI programed by myself.

Car weighs 3380+200lbs(me),no glass bumpers etc but minus ac/heater box.
Ported iron heads and intake (no welding)
Hemco upper with 62mm stock t-body.
Stock rockers.
Stock fuel lines.
3.42 gear.
Hyd Roller cam of my design(custom from comp cams)
And of course the never worked on factory original shortblock!

Thanks, would like to know in comparing to mine. :)

Congrads!!

Thanks for the congrats guys!!
Hope my combo helps!

:)

Woody, 3380 + driver 200lbs. Its in the quoted area there somewhere :)

I would like to know the cam specs, if you don't mind sharing the info.

yeah Mikey...whats the cam specs???? and oh yeah congrats

ps what track did u take it to on Monday up here in the great
white north???

Selmans rented the track (Cayuga)on our thanksgiving holiday about 40 cars showed up!
Cam specs...............Hmmm,i gotta keep something to myself LOL!

Mike.:D

Originally posted by 86brick
If you say so........

God forbid I mention his name on here when discussions such as this one start...... It always gets a response from somebody such as yourself...... Never fails:rolleyes:

All I can say is this

Hey Mike
That was a good day!
Yes,your car does fly.I see Billy.T and myself in that picture.My friend george had a video and I call him to see if he has your pass.
Later Mike

Re: My Combo!!

Originally posted by BigChinooks
Thanks for the congrats guys!!
Hope my combo helps!

:)

Hey Mike, thanks for the e-mail I replied back with my combo also. I couldn't get the link you posted to open to see your pictures.

If forgot to mention my car was (still is) full factory weight including jack and spare. I always refused to remove it.

I'm thinking of getting it outta the moth balls and playing with it again. Was wanting to build my Buick V8 project 1st but it'd be cheaper to get the GN out for now, but the GN is just not fast enough. :)

Hi Ronnie,keep trying the link............i think if i get to many hits it exceeds some kinda quota.
It resets it self after an hour or so.

Mike.

Mikey...was the recipe for the secret cam...:D

its a comp cams hydraulic roller billet or not?

how many miles on the current combo??

The car looks good Mike. If I can get some deals closed I just MIGHT get mine out after 5 years. You've kinda inspired me. Maybe I can get a little more out of a stock cam.

However, my jack,spare and AC (gotta have AC) stays.:cool:

Originally posted by azgn
no, just Brick's hero!

Orlando also runs a cool box on his intercooler which is worth a bunch of HP

his car is irrelevant as far as the average TR

John Gallina picks up 2 sec in the 1/4 when his cool box is full of ice...........and of course he uses one because it is the single most efficient way to cool the incoming charge!

if Orlando's car were to run with the typical air to air, he would be at least .5 or better slower than he is, maybe more

let's talk about the real world, Brick!

( an ice filled box surrounding your intercooler is a very big deal with a turbo motor....)

Woody, please allow me to paraphrase you from the World Street Nationals thread a few days ago, re: Drag Radials vs Slicks:

"Why would I run a drag radial? I'm faster on a slick. Why would I want to do anything but run as fast as I can?"

So, I ask you - Whats wrong with running an ice box on the intercooler? Is there some reason preventing you from doing that exact same modification to your car? Do they not sell ice at your track? :confused: This is very akin to people calling those who use nitrous "cheaters".......

The general point of racing is to go as fast as you can. Just like you said Woody, if you aren't in a specific class, why do something that you know will only slow you down?

I am trying to understand your point? I think it is a hellova idea to run a coolbox on the IC...many fast cars do!

I was merely trying to point out to the Fla puppy dog that Orlando's car has a very specific and significant advantage over a "normal" air to air IC......He never fails to bring up that car as an example, and it really isn't relevant to most folks (other than its apparently excellent durability and MR Orlando's tuning ability)

.....now MR Brown Nose has said that a FM will work as well...I say BS, prove it!

I would love to build a box around my IC and see what happens.......and I may someday

on John's 7 sec car, the coolbox is literally worth 2 seconds in the 1/4 and his intercooler isn't anything spectacular other than it sits in ice......I believe that scenario would translate into many tenths on a 10 sec car if the cold box were removed, particularly with the stock IC in place

probably the single most important thing you can do to a turbo engine to make maximum power is cool the intake charge (note the difference between the hot air TR's and IC cars, for example)........no better way to do that than with ice!

Azgn...

..the author of the thread started the the thread to talk about how far he has went with an untouched shortblock. Not to debate how one person's combo makes more power then another. Brick simply gave two examples of cars making equal or more power then the authors car on stock shortblocks. The combo used to make the power is irrelavent, its the point that both cars have untouched shortblocks and are surviving at enourmous power levels for stock internals.

...I do agree that in orlando's case, the intercooler helps keep the intake charges down, and consistent, which enables him to run big boost consistently.

I'm confused. Is it a stock short block, or a stock bottom end? It says you changed cam, but wasn't sure if you put another stocker in it. Either way, it is damn impressive?:)

I'll take pics 17 & 18!

Where in the world do they let you ran that fast without a roll bar??