12" brakes on T-Type

comradburk

Using the list of parts needed here ... I know it's not possible with the gn wheels. Can I do the upgrade with my stock aluminum T-type wheels or will there be machining involved. Thanks!

Originally posted by comradburk
Using the list of parts needed here ... I know it's not possible with the gn wheels. Can I do the upgrade with my stock aluminum T-type wheels or will there be machining involved. Thanks!

I've run both, what you're planning to do, and these.

http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5511

The 02 Camaro brakes are MUCH BETTER. The B-Body spindles can create some ackward moments, Roll Steer Wise. While the B Spindles offer 12" rotors, the 02 setup has rotors that are 1.25" thick.

The 02s clear my 16 rims. As you can see in the one pic..

the 02 setup looks sweet but I don't have the money to change out my rims...I'm a highschooler. I just need new brakes and was figuring that since i need new ones, I might as well do the upgrade. There is no way that 02 setup will clear any 15" rims if it barely cleared your 16's (btw it does look awesome and prolly stops like WHOA)

EDIT:
Can I get the spindles and A Arms from this guy here and then get some 1LE rotors/calipers and whatnots (from a friend) I take it that would fit under the T Type wheels with the correct backspacing right??