12.51sec/112mph '03 Dodge Neon Turbo vs. My 3800 Series II Turbocharged Fiero

Darth Fiero

3800 Series II Turbo
For a week or two now my contacts here in Fort Wayne had been telling me about a late model Dodge Neon Turbo that had some stuff done to it and was laying down some impressive times at the track and kicking around some LS1 equipped F-bodies. Well, I caught up with this dude while he was racing a WS6 Trans Am and pulled around the T/A and started walking past the Neon at a steady pace. The guys in the Neon could not believe their eyes as the silver Fiero (which was rolling silently) was walking them down, then was soon walking past them. My Fiero wasn't blowing them away by any means, but I was overtaking them steadily and finally surpassed them somewhere after 130mph. Not bad considering I started about 4 cars behind the Neon.
The Fiero left such an impression on the guys in the Neon that they had to follow me until I pulled into the spot. I commended the driver for a good race and then proceeded to pop my lid for them. Once the lid went up, I heard someone in the small crowd that had formed around my car by that point say "that thing has a damn 3800 turbo in it!!!" I acknowledged their reaction with my usual understated smile and proceeded to converse with the driver of the Neon. He told me that he ran a best of 12.51 @ 112mph at the track with 21lbs of boost on race gas. He then said that he was only on high-test pump gas and was only running 18lbs of boost tonight. I countered with informing him that I too was running the same pump gas but was only running 12lbs of boost.

Too bad the track doesn't open up until April, I can hardly wait to see what kind of times this car of mine will pull down with some good fuel and more boost.

I think that your car is awsome. I love the steathyness of it. NOBODY suspects a Fiero of being a threat.

Nice Kill. My GN came from the Fort Wayne area just south of Auburn actually.

James