12.5 @ 110.5mph

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
Based on my combo and 23PSI, is this about right?? I would have thought this combo could get me into the low 12s. 60ft was 1.89

My goal is 11.8s, I might have to do heads before that happens, but I would like to at least hit 12.30 as it sits...

What do you think?

Mine went 12:40 with less then you have leaving at only 5#s on foot brake. What boost were you leaving at? Im not an expert but I done think high to mid elevens is a problem just need to tune!!!

Based on my combo and 23PSI, is this about right?? I would have thought this combo could get me into the low 12s. 60ft was 1.89

My goal is 11.8s, I might have to do heads before that happens, but I would like to at least hit 12.30 as it sits...

What do you think?

110mph is a hi 11 sec mph..work on traction(good set of traction bars..etc),slicks or drag radials,60ft,and launch boost..The more boost you can launch with good traction,the lower the e.t and higher mph.You have the combo to run 11 seconds with also a real good tune..guys have ran 10.90 on stock long blocks,just take your time and pay more attention to the details and you will get there..You also will need to run more boost with the stock heads..Hope this helps..

With almost 111 mph you should be real near the 11's work on traction and your 60 ft times. get that 60 foot time down into the 1.6's an you're in the ball park.

Mine went 12:40 with less then you have leaving at only 5#s on foot brake. What boost were you leaving at? Im not an expert but I done think high to mid elevens is a problem just need to tune!!!

Mine went that fast through the stock DP on low timing. With a low 1.6 60'.

110mph is a hi 11 sec mph..work on traction(good set of traction bars..etc),slicks or drag radials,60ft,and launch boost..The more boost you can launch with good traction,the lower the e.t and higher mph.You have the combo to run 11 seconds with also a real good tune..guys have ran 10.90 on stock long blocks,just take your time and pay more attention to the details and you will get there..You also will need to run more boost with the stock heads..Hope this helps..

With almost 111 mph you should be real near the 11's work on traction and your 60 ft times. get that 60 foot time down into the 1.6's an you're in the ball park.

Agreed. 110mph is a low 12/high 11, at least for my car. And I have less than he does.

AFR is 10.8, timing I have about 21-22 degrees depending on RPM.

My 60' do suck, but I can't seem to get the footbrake to hold much more than I gave it. I didn't spin at all, I did a burn out with my MT ET Radials and then footbraked it until she started creepin. Doesn't seem to come out of the hole very good.

Don't really want drag suspension on the car because I mainly drive it on the street, but if there is something that would help other than differnent springs/ shocks that would be cool.

My suspension is MOOG springs all around with Edelbrock IAS shocks. My rear springs sit higher than the front, so I was goingt to get the other moogs that drop the rear an inch or so to make the car level. Not sure if that will help much, but figured I am doing it anyway so why not.

Review your run if you logged it and check AFR down low right out of the gate not just at WOT and see if it is on the fat side. You mentioned you couldn't hold anymore without pushing through, but I didn't see the amount you were talking about. Is it 2lb 5lb or 10lb? Alot of us Gen II and Maft Pro folks concentrate on low and high fueling pages and end up disregarding the mid. I believe there can be tweaks made here espeacialy in the area you are describing which is 2lb and up as you spool. JMO though. And as for suspension mods I wouldn't worry with that yet. Your not spinning and unless it is really flexing out of shape I would get it to come out harder first.

I dont think I even built more than maybe 1lb of boost. That's what I was thinking, I've really only worried about WOT, not too much about the rest...

Do you have a line lock installed? If not, when you do a burn out to heat your rear tires, you are also heating the rear brakes without a line lock. Thus, When the rear brakes get hot they will not hold at the line and let the car build any boost and 'push' the car through the line. Before I installed the line lock on my car, I couldn't build any boost at the line either, which led to really slow launchs and 60 foot times- now with the line lock installed only holding the front brakes and letting the rear brakes free, I can leave the line with around 5-10 lbs. of boost. :D

Don't really want drag suspension on the car because I mainly drive it on the street, but if there is something that would help other than differnent springs/ shocks that would be cool.

How about some adustable upper control arms for the rear.

Does not make the car unsteetable,but will help plant the rear tires to the ground.:cool:

Do you have a line lock installed? If not, when you do a burn out to heat your rear tires, you are also heating the rear brakes without a line lock. Thus, When the rear brakes get hot they will not hold at the line and let the car build any boost and 'push' the car through the line. Before I installed the line lock on my car, I couldn't build any boost at the line either, which led to really slow launchs and 60 foot times- now with the line lock installed only holding the front brakes and letting the rear brakes free, I can leave the line with around 5-10 lbs. of boost. :D

That's pretty smart, and line lock isnt that expensive. A good idea...

on the dr that you have u should pull the ebrake at the line and bump your brakes.with that your car should hold atleast 5psi.jus remember to release the brakes on green.

You wanna run good 1/4 mile times? Buy the parts.

No traction bars. Get an airbag or a good ANTIROLL not sway bar.

You have a combo for a quick car, just seems that most people spend money on the motor and ignore the rest of the chassis - which has a lot to do with 60' and et's.

Lineloc is good for burn outs, you need a trans brake or leave off the foot AND e-brake.

I drive an 11 second car knocking on 10's. I got news for ya. Racing beats on all four corners and drivetrain regardless.

With the guy who built my tranny, I worry about every other part on the car but the transmission.

100 10+ psi launches and it shifts like I put it in yesterday. Spend the money where it matters.

My wife rides in this car because the shift doesn't annoy her....until the plastic hits the firewall.:D