114 lob sep

hensleyt

I have read every thread on cams I'm curious has any one ever tried a 114 LS on a 206 or 208 cam

Isky may still have a 208/194 cam with 114 LSA

In my limited understanding of cams, a wider lobe separation angle reduces overlap and therefore reversion on exhaust gases into the intake cycle. It also contributes to broadening of the torque band and it should help emissions. Other more knowledgeable builders could tell us why lower LSA are the current trend on the Comp, etc cams.

Back in the day, Isky's had a turbo cam with 208 intake duration and 194 exhaust duration and mid 400's lift that had a 114 degree lobe separation angle(LSA).

Isky, Crower,Crane and Comp were the forerunners of turbo cam design back in the '70's but Comp seems to be the last one doing new design work and most of their cams are in the 110 LSA area.

I would think that a wider LSA like the 114 would have benefits especially with emissions becoming more important.

I ran A Isky on my 79 carb. TR it was great.I was looking for a little more on the EX side for my 87. Got a new 5857 BB BW 3in DP 15 row SLIC 42lb TT and the norm

I ran a 208 flat tappet on 114 LS a few years ago and am now running a 206 roller on 112 LS. Both spooled the turbo like crazy and had a very smooth idle. :)