109 VAlve Cover Set Up For CNP?

Mike Edwards was my first choice but he told me he had stopped outside projects. Of course, we have never met. I do understand his reluctance to take on a new project for someone he doesn't know.

I've looked into this as my company is now offering a Buick CnP interface board. The board allows the use of the stock ICM (type 1 or 2, regular or quick-start), to fire CnP setups.

The issue with CnP mounting is that every engine is different. Breathers, valve cover style, vents, oil fill, A/C or not. This all makes mounting the coils needing to be in different locations.

We've found that the best way to go is to use inexpensive valve covers and mount the coils directly to it. Can also use expensive VC's if you are going to stick with the CnP set up. Note that the CnP ignition set up is amazing.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I do plan to stay with the CNP for a while so I an committed. I also understand that every is different. I can do the design but will probably need help with fabrication.
Conrad

RmvBfrFlght,
What is name of your company?
Conrad

Here is my fabrication, the hardest part was deciding to drill the M&A valve covers.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1422213817.666790.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1422213841.215724.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1422213884.386666.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Chris,
I feel your pain. I also have to make room for a fill port and two -12 vent lines! Getting crowded there!! I think I will purchase new Champion VC's and get someone to mill the top smooth and go from there.
Conrad

Conrad,
Did you put the aluminum oil pan to use?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Did you already purchase the CNP setup? I know Cal had some brackets available...
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what cals set up looks like. I actually purchased a set of these brackets from him I have a extra new set for sale if anyone needs a pair you can pm me.

Attachments

• COIL ON PLUG 2.jpg
    COIL ON PLUG 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 310
  • downloadfile-6.jpeg
    downloadfile-6.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 263
Chris,
I do still have the beautiful oil pan! Will use it soon. Isn't it for a Stage block?
Conrad

Mike Edwards was my first choice but he told me he had stopped outside projects. Of course, we have never met. I do understand his reluctance to take on a new project for someone he doesn't know.

It's not anything personal. Between work and my daughter I don't have a lot of spare time anymore. I have my car to finish and another car that has been on the waiting list for a while.

Mike,
I understand. Family DOES come first! I appreciate your input.
Conrad

1987turbotime,
where did you mount the TR6 box or did you use Cal's setup with XIM?
Conrad