109, 3.8 stroked, or 4.1????

hboost

Banned
I'm about to pick up a block, and I'm wondering what I should go with. I really just want something really torquey, that can run mid to low 11's. I was also wondering what would happen if I were to run 8.75 instead of standard compression pistons. What's working for you now, and what do you recommend. All help is appreciated.
Thanks!

If your goal is only mid 11's stick with the stock block. If your that guy that knows you always need to go faster jump on the 4.1. it's more $$$$ to build but it'll hold up in the long run. ;)

Cal Hartline has a great stroker kit for the 109. I was thinking about getting one but stayed with the stock stroke.

Yeah, the 109 block is what I was leaning more towards......... I guess what I'm looking to build it for is a fun street car that will still perform at the track. The reason I want good low end torque is because I rarely run at the track and do mostly street driving.

Yeah, the 109 block is what I was leaning more towards......... I guess what I'm looking to build it for is a fun street car that will still perform at the track. The reason I want good low end torque is because I rarely run at the track and do mostly street driving.

That could all be done with the right Turbo & Stall.

Hey men, im in the same situation you are in... im not really sure what to build.... stroker or non stroker..... do you know of any one that is running a stroker on there car???? and if so what are the times????

Hey men, im in the same situation you are in... im not really sure what to build.... stroker or non stroker..... do you know of any one that is running a stroker on there car???? and if so what are the times????

9.60's with a girdle and a gnr1's 76gtq 40over

9.60's with a girdle and a gnr1's 76gtq 40over
wow.... i guess going stroker isnt that bad at all.... my goal is to run no slower than flat 11s... im trying to hit 10's.... atleast make it to the mid 10's...... any suggestion...... stroker????? are you running a stroker on your car?????

STROKER! Dude with all these nitrous LS1's and LS2's being stroked around here...I HAVE to go stroker. Not to mention your 250 CI won't show...you can still tell people it has the stock 3.8 :D

wow.... i guess going stroker isnt that bad at all.... my goal is to run no slower than flat 11s... im trying to hit 10's.... atleast make it to the mid 10's...... any suggestion...... stroker????? are you running a stroker on your car?????

No I have a stock stroke, girdled 109, Cat crank, Scat stock length Rods, JE's, 20 over Stock ported Irons and a Turbo Tweak chip with a 70gtq nothing special at all 3,600lbs ;)

Underboost, what is EVERY mod you have done? and when they say 20 or 30 over, does that mean having the block bored?

Its not that much more?

stroker 3.8 is awsome but its going to cost $$$
Stroker vs. non stroker is only a matter of initial part cost maybe $200.00 more at the most and a lil bit of block work which should not come close to $150.00. So the stroker will be about an additional $350.00 tops.

really. what all needs to be changed to make it a stroker? if it was that cheap i would have done mine up.

Stroker vs. non stroker is only a matter of initial part cost maybe $200.00 more at the most and a lil bit of block work which should not come close to $150.00. So the stroker will be about an additional $350.00 tops.

Can You list the parts needed to make a strocker motor for only $350.00 more???:confused:

Maybe he means $350 more than if your were buying a stock stroke forged crank, etc.

Otherwise, if you were reusing your stock crank, the forged stroker crank would run more than $350 alone.

You have Bore and Stroke. Bore is how wide the cylinders are. Stroke is the travel of the piston up & down. So if you were to stroke your motor you need a longer rod in which the rod is positioned higher up into the piston. Along with a stroker crank which travels the rod & piston deeper into the motor.

Stroker Kit: Crank, Rods, Pistons