107m race mains for stock crank?

counterman

Guys, I am going back together with an engine here, and I was wondering about the main bearing choice. With a stock crank, would a race bearing like the 107m's be a better choice than a stock replacement FM bearing? I'd appreciate your input. Thanks, Counterman.

My Opinion......

I have them in one of my stock crank engines but will never use them again with a stock crank. A softer bearing will allow some room for sm particles to embed in them versus scaring the crank. King bearings seem to be a good choice for a stock crank engine as they are some where in the middle.

+ 1 For the King Bearings King Engine Bearings I know that Bill Anderson has used them in his customers motors, I watched his motor take a real beating at the track and survive (raced a friend who down shifted instead of up shifted, wondered how I beat him to the finish line) He was just getting used to the new car, it was running in the 120-123's mph range that day. Anyway that's what sold me on the king bearings, plus there website expanation on the constrution.

Chuck