10" wheel and 28x10.5 SLICKS

qwknuf6

100% STREET CAR
I have done some calculations ,it seems 10" wheel with 28x10.5 slicks will work .
I have 9.5 wheels with 5" bs on my car,tires are 11.2" section width ,giving me 5.85 " from mounting surface to the inside of the tire's sidewall. I have 1/4" to 3/8" clearance now between the frame and the tire sidewall now.

The 28x10.5 slick's have a 11.7 section width ,w/4.5 bs should give me 5.35 " from mounting surface to the inside of the tires sidewall,w/10" wheels,giving an additional .5 inch clearance between the frame and the tire sidewall for sidewall flex of the slick .
I did a search and some say it works and others say it wont . I guess I will give it a shot .
Any input before I order wheels next week?

Thanks Mark

You have a 9.5" width rim, and 5" of backspacing.

If you go to a 10" width rim, and keep the backspacing the same (5"), your rim will be .5" closer to the FENDER. If you use only 4.5" of backspacking, it will move the rim another .5" closer to the fender.

So now your rim will be 1" closer to the fender.

Do you have a full inch of room to move the rim closer to the fender?

15x10 wheel and 5" BS with 28x10.5 slick will rub on the inside frame .
The 9.5 wheels w/5" bs do not have slicks on them but radial tires , they have 11.2 section width , the 28x10.5 slicks have 11.7 section width.

Mark

My point is that your rim will be a full inch closer to the fender than it was before. Do you have a full inch of room between the slick and fender lip?

You are correct on the wheel..... but the sidewall and the tread will not move as much as the wheel, in otherwords the "wheel" moving 1" towards the fender does not mean the tread will move 1 " closer to the fender .
I have ran 28x10.5 slicks with a 15x8 " wheel(4"bs) and the slick cleared both the fender and the frame , the 15x10 wheel will not change the tire size and will make the sidewall more square or more staight up and down.
I will order the15x10 wheels and see how they fit I guess

Mark