10:78 @ 126

GSX-PKV

10.78 @ nearly 126 mph through closed exhaust on MT DOT tires @ 21 lbs boost on 110 octane gas. The fully optioned car weighs nearly 3700 lbs with me in it. No line lock - I launch the car by braketorqueing to about 2 -3 lbs boost.

Motor built in 2003 by Pete Barton of ANS. Stock 109 block, bored 10 over. 4 steel main caps and ARP fastners. GN1 heads & intake, Garrett GT67 turbo, 62mm throttle body with PTE upper plenum and RJC powerplate, Buickgn.com cold air kit, Comp 210-210 roller cam, JE pistons, PTE front mount, ATR Double Pumper, 57 lb Seimens high impedence injectors with stock computer, Turbotweak chip, 3" TH downpipe, ATR 2 1/2" stainless exhaust.

Trans by Jimmy's Transmissions, 3400 stall Precision 9" lockup convertor. Aluminum driveshaft, Moser axles, stock rear end. ATR big rear sway bar - no front sway bar. H&R upper & lower control arms, 1 air bag and a pinion snubber.

The car has all the options including ice cold AC, power windows, doors, stereo, etc... and I drive it every chance I get! It idles and cruises better now than when it was stock when I bought it brand new 20 years ago! It was on the cover of the May/June 2004 GSXTRA if you'd like to see pictures and more info on the car. Paul

Attachments

• timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 443
Paul,

This is such a nice car.
How much do you think you have left with the 67MM Turbo?
What RPM are you shifting this bad boy at?

Thanks. I think there is more left in the 67. I've been told that the "sweet spot" for that turbo is 25lbs. I want to play it safe and keep everything together so I only run about 21 lbs boost. I like the 67 for the street. It seems to spool super quick. The trans shifts at 5,500 and the car pulls strong right through the traps.

Thanks when I change out the turbo on my junk I am considering the 61 or 67 at this point. I wonder how a 67BB would be on the street???:eek:

Nice car and time slip Paul, did you lock the converter on your 126 mph pass? Do you recall what your rpms were at the big end? Mine wasn't very efficient without the lock-up but will try it next time, I'm in the same boat as you trying to keep it together since I drive it so much on the street.

BTW: sounds like you have your reasons to stay with 100 octane...if you have the money I would still go with Razor's alky, you won't regret it.

Thanks. My convertor lock-ups with the chip doing it at WOT in 3rd gear. I switched to 28" tall MT DOT tires and with the stock gear it goes through the traps at about 5,700 rpm and is still pulling like crazy... I'm always afraid my seat will break so I'm hanging onto the steering wheel at the top end :)

I race with 110 or more octane gas but drive on the street with the 100, lowering the boost. I probably will go with the alky kit since I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Razor's setup. I have a source for methanol near my home so that could work great. My reluctance is not the cost, but my laziness in installing it and finding places for all the components under my hood.

It's crazy but I've had my car for 20 years now and it drives on the street better now than when it was brand new. It never runs hot, idles and cruise nice and gets excellent mileage with the LU convertor. These have to be the most overall awesome cars ever! Paul