10.5 mt slicks do they fit without rubbing

hansongn

hey guys i have an 87 gn, quick question i have a set of weld prostars 15*8 with a 4" backspacing for the rear and i wanted to run 10.5 et streets, but im concerned about rubbing the frame or rubbing the inner fender well. i think id be okay but i dont know for sure, any advice would be great. thanks jay

I have the same setup and mine do not rub. They actually have more room than my old goodyear 28x10s. No frame notch, no mini tub, no rolled fenders - its all stock. I do have air bags but its NOT jacked up high in the back to clear. HTH

i dont have my fenders rolled but i dont have airbags either. rear suspension is adjustable uppers/lowers, qa1 12 way adjustable,aftermarket springs cut 1/2
inch, dont know if that matters- so what do u think!

Im not sure I would try it with the rear lowered (cut springs). Id probably go with the 28x9s. Im not saying it can't be done, but slicks are expensive and it would be a PITA to get them mounted up, test fit on the car, unmount them, bundle them up for shipping as a return, etc.

Are they 28 tall or 26? Also the 10.5 ET street is narrower than a 10.5 slick.
I just put 28 X 11.5 ET streets on a ttype with an 8 inch rim, no fender rolling. 28 X 10.5 should fit no problem, I would still roll the fender for the extra measure of clearance.

I run a 15x8" weld draglite with 3 1/2" back space and a 28 x 10.5 x 15" M/T
ET drag slick without any rubbing issues.Rear factory springs with air bags.Lips on quaters are not rolled.I even drive it to the track on the slicks.Just my 2 Cents.:biggrin:

hey guys i have an 87 gn, quick question i have a set of weld prostars 15*8 with a 4" backspacing for the rear and i wanted to run 10.5 et streets, but im concerned about rubbing the frame or rubbing the inner fender well. i think id be okay but i dont know for sure, any advice would be great. thanks jay

Last I checked Weld doesn't make a Prostar with 4" BS, only 3.5" and 4.5"

The .5" definitely makes a difference when trying to squeeze a big tire on.