10,000lb. 2 post lifts?!!!

Bill_Ritter

Plays with Fire
I'm going to buy a 2 post lift in the next few months and I'd like to hear some feedback from you guys on what you have used.

I've used Mohawk and Rotary lifts at my previous and current jobs, but they are a bit pricey. I'm looking for something a little more reasonable that is still dependable enough to be used on a daily basis.

Do any of you guys have any experience with BEND-PAK or WORTH lifts? What else is out there thats worth a crap? It has to be 2 post symetrical and clear floor...

Thanks!

i bought 2 ammco 9000 lbs. lifts last year and put over 10,000 lbs. dodge and ford pick ups in the air with no problems at all.(a few times) im very happy with them.

I have a 10,000 lbs one in garage, it's not a heavy duty looking unit but it does the job. The only problem I had was that the locks needed to adjusted few times to get it lock properly on both sides. Few months ago I washed everything down and now they stopped locking. I think it just needs to be lubed. I paid $1750 delivered to my door. I had a big backhoe so that we were able to pull it off form the back of the semi. You may need a dock for them to drop it off. Here is the link.

HTH
Prasad

Complete Hydraulic Service & Sales | Your #1 Hydraulic Source!

Not hijack your thread but one of the lift manufacturers should make a minature post lift for the home mechanic, maybe one that will go up 3 feet and fit inside a garage.

With the sissor lift, you can't work under the car ie: trans swap.

Bet they would alot of them

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Bendpack will make you a lift for 8 or 9 foot ceiling. We had their lifts at school, and they went up and down atleast 5 times a day. Been working for 8+ years now.

Bendpak and Worth both make great lifts. I highly recommend the asymmetrical style where you can open both doors while the car is in the air.
HTH.

Yeah! Bill get that lift so I can use it;) I'll bring the beer too:wink:

Yeah! Bill get that lift so I can use it;) I'll bring the beer too:wink:
I'm trying man, were going to break ground in the next week or so hopefully. When i get the garage up and going you'll have to come check it out

Bendpak and Worth both make great lifts. I highly recommend the asymmetrical style where you can open both doors while the car is in the air.
HTH.
I'm kinda leaning against the asymmetrical because i do a LOT of side work on crew cab and ex-cab long bed trucks. I like the idea of being able to open the doors on the cars, but they dont seem to let you center the big trucks very well IMO.

i bought 2 ammco 9000 lbs. lifts last year and put over 10,000 lbs. dodge and ford pick ups in the air with no problems at all.(a few times) im very happy with them.
I completely forgot ammco makes lifts. We had some of these at my college. I'll have to check into the pricing and details.

I had a local company came and install it. If you ask the manufacturer, they will recommend the local installers. I think I paid $350 to have them install it.

HTH

Prasad

I ordered my Challenger lift through Advance Auto Parts.I paid $3k, it was on sale and I also get a 10% discount there.I think I paid $400 for installation.Advance gets someone local to do their installs.

Picture027.jpg

hotwheels034.jpg