1" spacer for the Champion intake/plenum combo ?

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
Does anyone make a 1" open spacer for the Champion intake/plenum combo ?

I'd like to see better alignment with my FMIC up-pipe... and of course the add'l volume can't hurt. :cool:

Any suggestions ?

DSC078602.jpg

DSC078592.jpg

I know that champion makes a spacer for the stock intake. Its not on their site. Give em a call

You Can call Dan at DLS or Tom at Champion I think they have two thickness's.

Steve

jack cotton keeps them on the shelf

i have a 1.5 , i know theres 1/2 and 1" , all from champion

going taller you may need to cut the brace in the hood , definitely going to tear up the hood insulation

Looking at my pics above, can anyone make a recommendation ?

I just pulled the 1" figure out of my a$$. :D

Also... any idea what $$$ they sell for ?

I believe Dan at DLS carries them. 1" spacer is a definate hoodliner stabber though. I got one for my intake and did a number on my hoodliner.

I think mine is .900 and I put all my vacuum fittings in it and eliminated the Vacuum block with a small piece of 3/16" alum. Looks slick.

Also I have noticed my rear 2 cyl's 5 and 6 are way up in 200 degrees egt's with this intake setup just at cruising speeds so far. Still have not logged a full boost run.

I think mine is .900 and I put all my vacuum fittings in it and eliminated the Vacuum block with a small piece of 3/16" alum. Looks slick.

Not a half bad idea... I may do exactly that. :D

Also I have noticed my rear 2 cyl's 5 and 6 are way up in 200 degrees egt's with this intake setup just at cruising speeds so far. Still have not logged a full boost run.

Are you using one of the RJC plates ? or not ?

I have one on my car, but don't have individual EGT datalogging ability... just the one pre-turbo. I've always been curious and somewhat "on the fence" regarding the P-plates effectiveness. I haven't had my current combo running long enough to test it.

Looking at my pics above, can anyone make a recommendation ?

I just pulled the 1" figure out of my a$$. :D

Also... any idea what $$$ they sell for ?

You can have one made in a bridgeport. Not very hard for a tool maker or anyone familiar with a bpt. You will need to delete the vacuum block most likely since it will hit the hood. Just tap into the spacer and use either hard lines or barbed hose ends

You can have one made in a bridgeport. Not very hard for a tool maker or anyone familiar with a bpt. You will need to delete the vacuum block most likely since it will hit the hood. Just tap into the spacer and use either hard lines or barbed hose ends

I've been watching Craigslist for an affordable milling machine... sofar, no luck... otherwise I probably would have made one by now. ;)

here is mine that is also being fed by dual fuel lines up front and returned at the back.
DSC05157.jpg