1/64 scale tranporter from GMP

Bret.H

it's not a MONTE CARLO!!!
Can anyone tell me more about these? I was told there were only 1008 made, and that they were not available to the public. What is something like this worth?

I'm the winner of the $40 auction. :) I just wondered what the whole story was on them. I thought the limited number equated to some kind of interesting story about them. So in your opinion did I get taken at $40? It doen't really matter if I did, I still like it, just wanted someone else's opinion. Thanks for your help Darkside!

I buy & sell alot on ebay(95% Nascar memorabilia) & if I like something, I'll bid the most I'd be willing to pay for it. That way if I win it, I'm happy....if I don't, than it sold for more than I was willing to pay anyways...lol. So, if you're happy with what you paid, than that's all that matters.....I personally think you got a very cool transporter....:cool:

The Darkside

I designed that truck around the statement "Possibly The Greatest Pure Musclecar Of All Time". It says 1986 Grand National on one side and 1987 Grand National on the other. We had 1,008 made. We also had 1,200 GNX transporters made, based around the statement "The Ultimate Production Musclecar" and "Built For The Fortunate 547" on the rear fold down door. The first 547 of these had GOLD plates and certificates that authenticated that the truck with it was the only serial number that matched one of the real GNXs. $40 was a fair price for that truck and they have been sold for more than that many times. Their production numbers are very low and they are a really cool conversation piece....which was the point of the whole thing. You put it on your desk and someone who is into cars but knows nothing about GNs will say "Possibly the Greatest Pure Musclecar Of All Time?...wasn't that a V6?".....EXACTLY why we made it :)

We do not have any more GN transporters, but I have some GNX transporters with certificates stashed somewhere.

Thanks for all the input guys! You know how it goes, sometimes you just need a little backup on justifying the purchase to yourself. Like I said I'm glad I got the truck, it was just that it was an impulse buy.
Thanks for the rest of the story Epitome!