1.6 degrees of knock , 02s 285

l3lue

I got a scanmaster installed in my car and I went WOT real quick and got 1.6 knock / 02's are 285...this seems really lean no? I believe the car to have the stock fuel pump and I have a hotwire kit I just need to install. Also the car had really bad exhaust so I am running open downpipe right now, would that affect anything? Car also needs plugs and plug wires...BLM's i got down to stay around 128 from 150, any feedback is appreciated.

I suggest not doing that again.
Your lean an bad you need to upgrade your pump.
What injectors do you have, What fuel regulator is on it,
An how many #of boost was that?
A lot more info about your car is needed an any kind knock is bad knock.

Last edited:
Stock injectors, new fuel filter, 15psi of boost 93 octane, kenne Bell adjustable FPR and about 40psi at idle an seems to climb with boost

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Also turbo tweak chip, LT1 MAF with translator

Is 40 with the line off the regulator? If so it's too low. Should be 43. As mentioned, fuel pump and hot wire kit for sure.

Who's got the best deal on pumps and what should I get? Also any how to articles to help me along?

The open exhaust could be an issue if the old one was very restrictive. Boost could spike fast and if the pump is not up to par it could be not providing enough flow/pressure.

The open exhaust could be an issue if the old one was very restrictive. Boost could spike fast and if the pump is not up to par it could be not providing enough flow/pressure.
Old one was very bad , very good case the cat was clogged, from what I can see boost is 15 it may be 16 hard to look at at WOT

Is that on a real boost gauge (not the stock joke)?

So at 15 lbs Boost you see at least 55lbs of fuel pressure correct?

So at 15 lbs Boost you see at least 55lbs of fuel pressure correct?
I would say yes but been by myself in car hard to look at boost gauge, FP gauge, SM and road ..FP rises with boost quite a bit would have to verify for sure though

Would adjusting the MAF translator to be 6 or 8 or 10% rich WOT help you think?

How old is your oxygen sensor?
An I don't think that's going to help.this is a lack of fuel problem.

How old is oxygen sensor?
An I don't think that's going to help.this is a lack of fuel problem.
Probably old as dirt ; I have a new one I need to put in, I was having a hard time getting old one out seems rusted in there; any tips on that?

Next to go is the head gasket.turn your boost down till you can get it in the 800's with a new Denson oxygen senaor.