1-2 shifts soft

Russell Stover

When driving the car at 1/2 thottle it shifts very hard and even will bark the tires. When at wot shifts from 1-2 are very soft. Tranny has been rebuilt but with stock parts no upgrades. What would be the cause of this?

chris, i am having similar problems but i had a recalibration kit installed about 10 years ago. can you "freshen up" a recalibration kit? would a servo kit help all shifts or just the 1-2?

ours works great if installed properly on a transmission without any friction element damage.servo firms up the 1/2 and the 2/3.

you will have a trans that shift correct at all throttle angles.kit includes new seperator plate,tv boost valve,int/reverse boost valve,pressure regulator spring,1/2 accumulator spring,3/4 accumulator spring,1/2 orifice,3/4 orifice,new 3/4 accumulator piston,line bias valve spring,accumulator valve spring,pan accumulator and valve body gaskets,and an oversize intermediate servo.

Hi all, New member that just signed up today. I have an 88' S-10 that has a mild small block and a 200-4R trans. The trans I have is the Caddy version that came off a HT4100. It's my understanding that this is the softest shifting version known to man. I installed a kit from Chris this weekend, and went to the track Sunday. I can now say that I have a trans that shifts "Proper". Not only did I get firm positive shifts, but I also got concistancy that the truck had never had before. After several test runs, I decided to enter the trophy dash. I ended up winning. First time for the lil truck.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, and I don't want to step on toes.........When I installed the kit from CKPerformance, I was replacing a kit from another manufacture. That company wasn't listed at the begining of this board, so you guys might already know the kits they sell aren't effective. Dan