02 ???

kevin

my car started doing weird things that i never have had before.the 02 reading is 800 in 1st then drops to 40 to 50 with no knock.i changed the 02 sensor and same thing.thanks
kevin

If you're wondering about the ScanMaster recall you see when you push the button, that's normal. It's showing you the lowest O2 and the highest KR. Since the O2 cycles and may hit a low spot, no KR is the key. Think about getting an EGT; stock O2's are too heavily depended on for tuning when in fact they are unreliable most of the time.

it's happening while i'm flooring it ,it used to always show 780 to 800 in 3rd.

Are you getting proper fuel pressure WOT? Take static fuel pressure and add 1 psi fuel pressure per 1 psi boost.

Make sure the connection from the aldl to the scanmaster is tight. You'll get weird readings if it gets loose.

Originally posted by kevin
it's happening while i'm flooring it ,it used to always show 780 to 800 in 3rd.

I had a similiar problem with the o2's dropping in 3rd that i had to let off because my o2's would start at high 800's then fall to low 700's to high 600's:eek:

I went crazy changing o2's/MAF/coil pack/chips/ fuel filter/alternater (because voltage to the fuel pump looked low) still no change. Nothing worked untill I changed my injectors. Even though they were stock injectors your simptoms look the same.

Good Luck
FRANKIEz

i'm running a set of blue tops.i bought them used so who knows.but they have worked ok for about a year.i'll check that possability out too.thanks