001 Gnx?

Airgazem

I saw a gnx at Cobo a couple of years ago with a plack that read it was the first gnx made then I read an article in a magazine (an older GM HIGH TECH) that the first gnx was stolen from Cars and Concepts back in 87.Does anyone know if the one I saw was really the first one?:confused:

I beleive the first one is still owned by Buick and they take it to shows on occasion....

#002 is owned by a private individual. #001 and #500 are owned by Buick. #001 Buick keeps and is shown around when needed and #500 is in the Sloan museum. The car that was stolen was a prototype. It was recovered and eventually crushed.

This is the first that I have heard that GNX 002 is owned by a private individual. GNX 005 is/was the first one available for public sale, or so it was advertised, and so I thought.

It was not purchased from a dealer, it was purchased later. However, the VIN checks out and I know right where the car sits. He's been a customer of mine for more than 5 years.

i fi'm not mistaken i believe 2-5 were given away. i think i read it was to high selling dealers across the country. i THINK one of those is the one owned by the guy at asc, the only gnx to have a sunroof.

FWIW & IMHO: GNX 005 was given away to a dealer in So Cal, and the dealer sold it about 1.5 years ago. The person that bought it resold it about 3 months back to another lucky person. It is alive and well in sunny So Ca.

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
There is a GNX that came out of the factory with a moonroof?? I have to see that! :eek:

A GNX with a factory moonroof? You gotta be kidding me! Im with PT6, I HAVE to see that:eek:

Scott

Originally posted by Epitome
It was not purchased from a dealer, it was purchased later. However, the VIN checks out and I know right where the car sits. He's been a customer of mine for more than 5 years.

This the one you're thinking of? I know right where it sits every night, too :cool: .

Attachments

• gnx1resize.jpg
    gnx1resize.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 274
That is a great shot thanks.I put the car at Cobo #001 in my dvd www.motorcitylocal.com and wasn't sure if it was the real deal.I had to sell my 87 gn to put this movie out and now every time I see it in the video I miss it.If things go good I will have a new one soon.Big thanks to Jim Hazzerd for all the help with my car.

Originally posted by Brad Conley
This the one you're thinking of? I know right where it sits every night, too :cool: .

Please explain how you own 2 buick "prototypes". Prototypes weren't sold to the public and were often destroyed.

Originally posted by turbosam6
Please explain how you own 2 buick "prototypes". Prototypes weren't sold to the public and were often destroyed.

They are the real deal, I can assure you. Documented by Buick. Ask around about me. I am well known in the GS world. Oh, the Black GSX? It's a one-off too :cool: .

i don't remember the details of the moon roof gnx, i think its in the kirbans book though.

it either started out as a moonroof car from the gm factory, or was added by asc (american sunroof corporation, or company or something) where the gnx's were made.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
can we see a picture of the dash where it says GNX #001?

Never said it was GNX 001, signature says it's a prototype. Big difference. Stay tuned...I'll be posting my documentation for all of you...lots of scanning to do.