ZDDP Cheap

I still cannot figure out how you guys can think this. THEY CANNOT have the required zddp in them any longer. It's FEDERAL LAW. You CAN'T PRODUCE OIL WITH THAT STUFF ANY LONGER! Tell me what business owner would risk a HUGE fine, that could possibly put him under once and for all, just to produce a stupid oil, for what.... 25 cars left on this planet, that are still using components that require 21 year old oil???? You're ****ting me right? It's gone guys. Give it up. Just because you read "has so and so amount of zddp" doesn't mean it's true. Do you know how many lies there are, in ingredient descriptions out there?? And all this "well my oil has been working fine for 28 years." is fine and dandy. And stock shortblocks have been into the 9's too. Does that mean it's the right way of doing things? No.
All Richard Clark did, was advertise that this is like insurance. Your car may or may not fail. But do you want to take that chance? Why do you have insurance on your car? You're not going to wreck it, right? Ok then.
How do you KNOW that so and so green oil, has the required stuff in it? Did you do your own tests on it?
When you add it up, that expensive racing oil is the same per quart, as my plain old standard issue stuff, with a bottle of zddp added in it. But the difference is, I KNOW I have the correct amount of zddp in my car. You don't. You're just HOPING, that the manufacturer has the proper amount of integrity. Which I HIGHLY doubt. I do business with many different businesses every day here, and I get let down DAILY. WITHOUT FAIL. People are just plain freakin worthless, with ZERO pride or integrity nowadays. There's no WAY I'd trust those zddp levels, when for the same money, I can buy normal oil, and with my own hands, add that zddp. THAT'S peace of mind. What's it worth? Your cam? And what else does it take with it, when a lobe fails? You got all that extra back up money saved up? Not me. I'll buy the zddp, and watch it go in with my own eyes. HOPING some high speed racing oil has the required amount, isn't worth it in my opinion. I don't base my success on hopes. I make it happen.

you entire post makes no sense. not to knock zddp as i am also a user of it, but we have no idea where richard clark gets this stuff from. I am a strong advocate of brad penn as i have used it with success on hard driven engines.

you entire post makes no sense. not to knock zddp as i am also a user of it, but we have no idea where richard clark gets this stuff from. I am a strong advocate of brad penn as i have used it with success on hard driven engines.
And another thing he's completely missing is the Oil company's use the text "Racing Oil" to get away from the laws that govern the regular "Conventional" oil's so they can offer ZDDP amounts in excess of the "Laws"... ;) There is always a way around the law legally and to think Huge oil manufactures like Brad Penn, Royal Purple, Schaeffer, etc would just sit back and watch other manufactures come out with additives that do the same thing that those "Laws" are against is just crazy thinking. They Do offer it, They do have it and they always will....

Ask yourself, "Why is it OK to add all that ZDDP to a conventional oil when there are laws that were put in place to remove it"?? And just because there was a law to lower the ZDDP levels in conventional oil doesn't mean it has to be removed from "Racing" oils!! That right there is the loop hole for the oil manufactures Believe it or not!

SW.

kirban

Backing up slightly...first every single drum of zddp is checked for levels of zddp BEFORE it is mixed in the 4 ounce bottles meaning concentration levels are guaranteed to be as claimed.

keep in mind Richard actually also owns a DNA LAB...How much higher on quality control can you get than that?

With over 2 years of sales under our belt have you heard anywhere any issues with our product?

Do you think companies like Eastwood would continue to sell thousands of bottles every year if they had issues with it?

Truth be told Richard did it for his cars and his cars alone then a decision was made to market the product.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The above thread is dead on about EPA laws and the government if the oil reads sm no matter how much it sells for zddp ppm runs 600-800 max period.

Choice is yours....

And another thing he's completely missing is the Oil company's use the text "Racing Oil" to get away from the laws that govern the regular "Conventional" oil's so they can offer ZDDP amounts in excess of the "Laws"... ;) There is always a way around the law legally and to think Huge oil manufactures like Brad Penn, Royal Purple, Schaeffer, etc would just sit back and watch other manufactures come out with additives that do the same thing that those "Laws" are against is just crazy thinking. They Do offer it, They do have it and they always will....

Ask yourself, "Why is it OK to add all that ZDDP to a conventional oil when there are laws that were put in place to remove it"?? And just because there was a law to lower the ZDDP levels in conventional oil doesn't mean it has to be removed from "Racing" oils!! That right there is the loop hole for the oil manufactures Believe it or not!

SW.

kirban again

You need to read the copy on our 4 ounce bottles "Not intended for OBD II off road industrial agricultural and racing vehicles only.... similar to what is on racing oils..in other words product is geared and designed for older vehicles.

I could see all the skeptism if no big mail order companies and engine builders where not buyers...remember crower-isky-erson buy it use it recommend it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

You don't know Mr. Clark it sounds like. As pointed out I dought you can find any higher quality of R&D + Q&A in the same type product.

I don't mean this ugly but if someone has a problem with Dennis keep it between you and him and please take it to PM...

I will not however let anyone bash Mr. Richard Clark on this board! Anyone that truly knows him understands why. If anyone doesn't like it, sorry...

You don't know Mr. Clark it sounds like. As pointed out I dought you can find any higher quality of R&D + Q&A in the same type product.

I don't mean this ugly but if someone has a problem with Dennis keep it between you and him and please take it to PM...

I will not however let anyone bash Mr. Richard Clark on this board! Anyone that truly knows him understands why. If anyone doesn't like it, sorry...

i have never bashed Richard once and i dont have a problem with Dennis at all.

my response was directed at turbo6smackdown. it was stated that we cant believe whats in racing oil. i stated that using the same logic, how do we know whats in the zddp bottle? is that considered bashing?

Nope. :eek:

Common sense would tell you who has more to lose if they lie. ;)

And nobody is lying. :smile:

It's oil, use the right stuff which is still available, or just about anything and the additive.

It's that simple. :cool:

I like to add about a cup of polishing sand to my oil at every change,

helps keep the bearings and all the internals nice and polished. helps reduce detonation as well! try it!

:rolleyes:A.j.

This is pretty simple really...

Knowbody bashed Richard, Dennis or there ZDDP product!

Knowbody said the ZDDP product Didn't work!

Knowbody discredits Richard for his accomplishements or his contributions to the Buick comunity!

Dennis however did say that the levels of ZDDP in oils by law is 600-800 ppm and all I did was simply point out that he's Wrong! He came back and admitted that the ZDDP level in Brad Penn oil was higher than he thought! ;) Yep, (1,500 ppm of zddp) just shy of the 1,800 ...

ZDDP is allowed to sell the ZDDP levels they do under the radar of "Racing only" Just like the other oils do.

Bottom line here is ZDDP works and there are oils out there with 1,500 ppm of zddp in "Racing Oils" that will work fine too!!!

SO, Looks like both Dennis and I made our points and this is good information for the owners of there cars to decide on what they feel...

See, That was simple! :)

Scot W.

i have never bashed Richard once and i dont have a problem with Dennis at all.

my response was directed at turbo6smackdown. it was stated that we cant believe whats in racing oil. i stated that using the same logic, how do we know whats in the zddp bottle? is that considered bashing?

I apologize if I took it the wrong way...

kirban

Backing up slightly...first every single drum of zddp is checked for levels of zddp BEFORE it is mixed in the 4 ounce bottles meaning concentration levels are guaranteed to be as claimed.

keep in mind Richard actually also owns a DNA LAB...How much higher on quality control can you get than that?

Sounds like conflict of interest to me. How can owning the lab that does your testing not be a conflict of interest???? :confused:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

All this!

All this over 1 guy trying to post a deal on ZDDP...........

Not sure what you guys pay for ZDDP but I have been trying to find the best prices I could. Kirbans is basically $10 a bottle plus shipping. I found Eastwood sells a 10 pack for $90 and I used a code CRAZE for free shipping! Thought I'd let you guys know! ----Jeremy

Then how come new cars like the ZR1/GT40/viper don't have a "catless option" for "off road" use only? All ya gotta do is sign the "I will only drive this vehicle on a track, and only for a maximum amount of miles per year." waiver, and you're off, right? How come no shop will risk the "I can't perform any work on your vehicle unless it's cat converter compliant." rule? Isn't there some sort of rule that helps them slip thru the loophole? Well I haven't found one yet.... Why? Noone wants to risk it.

Why did the off road use only, not work with the O2 simulators? And if it's a "racing vehicle" it's going to have a roller anyways lol. There's no money in that. How many "racing vehicles" use setups that demand 1800 ppm zddp "racing oil"?
The "it's legal if it's used in cars that are 'off road use only' " idea makes no sense. You're trying to tell me, that it's a law to protect our cars??? No lol. Are you telling me that "off road use only" cars don't change their oil?? Ok then. So when your off road car changes it's oil, where does it go? To a special "off road use only" oil disposal place, separate from the rest of the world? The entire reason they took the stuff out, was because someone somewhere deemed it was "bad for us"... It makes no difference in what sort of car you put it in. When you're done with it, it's going to have to go somewhere right? If they said no more zddp because of enviromental issues, how is changing the type of car it goes in make any cleaner of an enviroment?

You guys know the piggy back or stand alone programmers out there, for modern day sports cars? (like diablo sport and such) Ask them about how their "for use on off road vehicles only" policy isn't helping them. Yep, you guessed it. There are new laws being written now, because of how those programmers make cars "not good for the enviroment". How they're disabling egr and how the programs make the emissions go up and all this sort of jazz. The new laws are mandating, that all the programs that come with the new stuff, will have to be emissions compliant. (so basically, they're going to be worthless) Yep. The 'off road use only' will only help ya out a little. I'm guessing that the EPA, or some other .gov agency will come down to their factories, (AND the 'racing' oil factories as well) to sample, and ensure that the stuff is indeed compliant. You're telling me that they're not? Again, I would assume that the risk, (just to sell a few bottles of oil to a few people a year) just isn't worth the punishment, and they would just drop the zddp like they were mandated to. Now whether or not they actually reflect that decrease on their lables? That's another story. You guys can base your cars longevity on that. I will not.

Besides, I trust Richard Clarks research and advice ANY time, over some companies CEO, that's purely out just to line his own pockets. Again, it's the integrity thing. Which, from my experience from Mr. Clark, I'd trust what he says, as it's completely and utterly obvious, that he has nothing but the best intentions for our buicks. Rather than some CEO somewhere, that I never spoke to in my life. Sorry for the rant guys, it's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary lol.

All this over 1 guy trying to post a deal on ZDDP...........

What this is all about was Dennis selling the ZDDP to us more than a generic supplier selling the ZDDP. Everyone states that we should support the vendors on this board.....so should the vendor support us. After this thread evolved, Dennis lowered his price to equal Eastwood's price. What Dennis should've done is run a special for TB members for the ZDDP but that'll never happen.

I give credit to vendors like Hartline, Precision, Mark Hueffman, Scot W, Bweavy, RJC running specials all the time.

The other part is Dennis keeps bashing other products and that the ZDDP is superior to the other stuff with no backing.

Oh BTW, I've seen the oil analysis report sent from the machine shop I visit between the top oil guys (Valvoline -off road formula, Joe Gibbs Racing, Rotella, Royal Purple, Amsoil, Brad Penn).

The bottom line is a matter of principle.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Well, what would be "nice", if at least the owners who benefit from this board with FREE info and tech help, would at least support a vendor, or vendors, who help support the board.

With Eastwood, you may save a few bucks, but what price do you put on the value of the information received here?

AMEN,why do people buy from corner store shops that don;t know the differance from a Monte Carlo to a GN.:rolleyes:Also why is it Buicks are such a nice car but attrract the cheapest SOB's.:rolleyes:Just saying.

Kevin

Thanks Nick

This is pretty simple really...

Knowbody bashed Richard, Dennis or there ZDDP product!

Knowbody said the ZDDP product Didn't work!

Knowbody discredits Richard for his accomplishements or his contributions to the Buick comunity!

Dennis however did say that the levels of ZDDP in oils by law is 600-800 ppm and all I did was simply point out that he's Wrong! He came back and admitted that the ZDDP level in Brad Penn oil was higher than he thought! ;) Yep, (1,500 ppm of zddp) just shy of the 1,800 ...

ZDDP is allowed to sell the ZDDP levels they do under the radar of "Racing only" Just like the other oils do.

Bottom line here is ZDDP works and there are oils out there with 1,500 ppm of zddp in "Racing Oils" that will work fine too!!!

SO, Looks like both Dennis and I made our points and this is good information for the owners of there cars to decide on what they feel...

See, That was simple! :)

Scot W.

Kirban

While above is true I like to make one minor clarification concerning the EPA and the 600-800 ppm that you find in todays oil. By todays oil...I am referring to any conventional or snythetic oil that carries the star burst symbol with the SM code.
They have that code (SM) it has just 600-800 ppm of zddp no matter what name brand is on the can, bottle, container, etc whatever.

While Brad Penn oil comes close in ppm of zddp to what was in our cars when it was new and is a choice owners can use, it may not be readily available whereas the oil brand you have always used you can continue to use by using the 4 ounce bottle of zddplus to your SM oil and not have any worries whatsoever of not having sufficent levels of zddp in your oil.

With 7 million plus cars registered prior to 1973 alone....its easy to understand and grasp the fact its a huge market out there enough for every company with a solution to provide a answer that owners prefer. I realize our cars are newer but I don;t have a count as to the cars built between 1973 and say 1990. I am sure the total is probably around 10 million or better as possible customers.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sounds like conflict of interest to me. How can owning the lab that does your testing not be a conflict of interest???? :confused:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Unfortunately, you misread the point I was making. I was not inferring that Richard uses his DNA lab to test the concentration levels in each container. Merely stating that besides owning zddplus and actually several other companies he owns a DNA lab meaning if you own a DNA lab you can be pretty confident that you know what is involved in quallty control in your other businesses etc...(In other words he fully understands the value of quality control).

When I approached major companies like Isky Crower etc I used that line about Richard ALSO owning a DNA lab to make a point with them since they never heard of my company nor any of Richards enterprises.....and trust me they tested the product zddplus also. I talked right to the owners of these companies and trust me anyone into marketing knows how tough that can be.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We have not bashed any of the products that have been mentioned. We have run specials normally we do a group of specials every year prior to Christmas. We usually do an open house once a year which eliminates shipping to those that attend and give special pricing on most items. We have done contests on this forum as well.

We have wholesale pricing on the product that starts 25 bottles and if you contact us direct we can give you that info and all the tech info and testamonials if you are interested. You may not realize when Richard first came out with this product and for a period if probably 3-4 months we sold to the Buick community at practically cost to get it out in the market place. Richard has also given away probably hundreds if not thousands of bottles at various events at both his place and at my 60th birthday event we had a few years back.

Unfortunately, you misread the point I was making. I was not inferring that Richard uses his DNA lab to test the concentration levels in each container. Merely stating that besides owning zddplus and actually several other companies he owns a DNA lab meaning if you own a DNA lab you can be pretty confident that you know what is involved in quallty control in your other businesses etc...(In other words he fully understands the value of quality control).

When I approached major companies like Isky Crower etc I used that line about Richard ALSO owning a DNA lab to make a point with them since they never heard of my company nor any of Richards enterprises.....and trust me they tested the product zddplus also. I talked right to the owners of these companies and trust me anyone into marketing knows how tough that can be.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We have not bashed any of the products that have been mentioned. We have run specials normally we do a group of specials every year prior to Christmas. We usually do an open house once a year which eliminates shipping to those that attend and give special pricing on most items. We have done contests on this forum as well.

We have wholesale pricing on the product that starts 25 bottles and if you contact us direct we can give you that info and all the tech info and testamonials if you are interested. You may not realize when Richard first came out with this product and for a period if probably 3-4 months we sold to the Buick community at practically cost to get it out in the market place. Richard has also given away probably hundreds if not thousands of bottles at various events at both his place and at my 60th birthday event we had a few years back.
I just read this whole thread and burst out in uncontrollable laughter when I got to this post, of course he doesn't test motor oil in his DNA lab..he meant him and not an independent party does the quality control testing...who's policing the police?..as for me Iv'e met Richard had lunch with him and have no doubts about anything he puts his efforts into..we had subway and he bought a sub for his dog, pretty funny..got to drive his gnx back to his shop, too cool...same confidence in Dennis except for maybe the throttle enhancer calibrator and console extender

I have a RJC deep oil pan, which carries 7 to 7 1/2 quarts of oil. I would like to know if one bottle of zddp is enough for that amount of oil?

Thanks,
Marco

This is my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts

Thank God I'm not a vendor here cuz your dammed if you do & dammed if you don't!
An Option, thats all ZDDP is to me, is just another option. Thanks!