ZDDP Cheap

Some of you guys are real tight asses when it comes to protecting your car:rolleyes: You won't think anything about spending a grand on an intercooler, or changing out an interior, but you will not spend an extra 10 bucks on an oil change..... why dont you bitch about something thats worth complaining about...... :rolleyes:
Well TY, Because it just don't make sence! That's why! :rolleyes: BTW who's bitching and complaining? Just stating a fact and my honest opinion, Is'nt that good enough for you? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your wonderfull input jabs again! :rolleyes:

SW.

Well TY, Because it just don't make sence! That's why! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your wonderfull input jabs again! :rolleyes:

SW.

Just made a point, and I have supported you 100% until you called me out.... without bothering to contact me first to find out the details of that post..... and it is spelled sense....

Damn, just Damn...

Was there a notice that went out saying all Buicks must have ZDDP?

It is a product just like any other product sold for our cars, be it Oil Additives or freaking Turbo's...

Why this is constantly a debating point here?

It obviously works, if anybody has ever meet Richard Clark and still thinks he would help bring about a product for our cars just simply for profit, or whatever silly things mentioned in the past, needs to regroup... IMO he is one of the biggest assests to our community and has NEVER ASKED ANYONE ON HERE FOR ANYTHING... All he does give back...

If you like the product fine buy it...

If you don't like it don't buy it...

I am sick of simple questions turning into pissing matches over this simple product...

Damn, just Damn...

Was there a notice that went out saying all Buicks must have ZDDP?

It is a product just like any other product sold for our cars, be it Oil Additives or freaking Turbo's...

Why this is constantly a debating point here?

It obviously works, if anybody has ever meet Richard Clark and still thinks he would help bring about a product for our cars just simply for profit, or whatever silly things mentioned in the past, needs to regroup... IMO he is one of the biggest assests to our community and has NEVER ASKED ANYONE ON HERE FOR ANYTHING... All he does give back...

If you like the product fine buy it...

If you don't like it don't buy it...

I am sick of simple questions turning into pissing matches over this simple product...
Shane I think the bigest misconseption is every time there is a post about oil Dennis jumps in and pushes his product by saying that todays oil doesn't have the proper ZDDP levels and detergents BUT That isn't TRUE! All I do is come in here and state the facts about some oils after being told the opposite and now I have some mods taking silly jabs because of his personal feelings. I just point out this stuff so the members can make a decision on what to do. Looks like I can't even vioce my opinion anymore or state visual facts without being beaten up anymore!

I "NEVER" SAID IT DIDN'T WORK!!
I "NEVER" BASHED THE ZDDP PRODUCT!!
I EVEN "AGREED THAT IT WORKED!!

WOW..

Have at it..

Thanks for all the PM's guy's in regaurds to this info, If anyone else has anymore questions please contact me via PM or E-mail.

SW.

Some of you guys are real tight asses when it comes to protecting your car:rolleyes: You won't think anything about spending a grand on an intercooler, or changing out an interior, but you will not spend an extra 10 bucks on an oil change..... why dont you bitch about something thats worth complaining about...... :rolleyes:

X2. That pretty much says it all.

Shane I think the bigest misconseption is every time there is a post about oil Dennis jumps in and pushes his product by saying that todays oil doesn't have the proper ZDDP levels and detergents BUT That isn't TRUE! All I do is come in here and state the facts about some oils after being told the opposite and now I have some mods taking silly jabs because of his personal feelings. I just point out this stuff so the members can make a decision on what to do. Looks like I can't even vioce my opinion anymore or state visual facts without being beaten up anymore!

I "NEVER" SAID IT DIDN'T WORK!!
I "NEVER" BASHED THE ZDDP PRODUCT!!
I EVEN "AGREED THAT IT WORKED!!

WOW..

Have at it..

Thanks for all the PM's guy's in regaurds to this info, If anyone else has anymore questions please contact me via PM or E-mail.

SW.

Chill man...

I wasn't speaking directly to you... I would have qouted if you Scot if I were talking directly to you...

I was talking about all the threads and assorted posts...

He is adveristing his product and giving his opinion... Same as you advertise your products... You are both vendors...

Chill man...

I wasn't speaking directly to you... I would have qouted if you Scot if I were talking directly to you...

He is adveristing his product and giving his opinion... Same as you advertise your products... You are both vendors...
Double post..

Chill man...

Shane don't take the "Caps" the wrong way. I'm not the least bit pissed over this and if you knew me better or spent time around me you would know that. To me the caps don't mean crap and this typing stuff does'nt mean i'm yelling, does'nt mean i'm pissed so you or others please don't take it that way. It's the internet for gods sake how in the world can you tell someones true feelings accross it, You can't!

I have nothing against the ZDDP product, I have nothing against Dennis and all I was doing was posting the facts for Everyone to see for themselves, I done that now i'm done here..

Unsubscribed..

SW.

kirban 2 cents worth

I will go into more detail tonite taking my notes home...Concerning Brad Penn oil while ppm are higher than I originally thought still fall short of what was in your engine oil when these cars were new.

Also, our solution allows car owners to use whatever brand of oil they want rather than search out a specific brand.....its called variety!

Also our product zddplus puts the ppm at 1,800 which is where anyone with any performance engine will want to be at to be safe....remember first thousand miles of driving zddp depletes at a faster level...

more info tonite...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Speaking of alternatives (and please don't take this as an endorsement of any kind), But.....

Saw in Wally world a couple weeks ago that they sell an SF specific grade oil, for 88 and older cars. I think they call it Excell or something like that. Only problems is, it only comes in 10W-30

Some of you guys are real tight asses when it comes to protecting your car:rolleyes: You won't think anything about spending a grand on an intercooler
True I guess. Gas is even more important then oil selection imo considering it's the root of detonation and most want to put the cheapest gas they can find in their car.:rolleyes:

I won't go out this year without runnen atleast half my tank with 100+ octane or better. It's a street car on pump gas not a race car but my motor doesn't know or care if it's a street car or race car.

Well, what would be "nice", if at least the owners who benefit from this board with FREE info and tech help, would at least support a vendor, or vendors, who help support the board.

With Eastwood, you may save a few bucks, but what price do you put on the value of the information received here?

The information presented on this board is not owned nor necessarily provided by the purveyors of the products sold by vendors who pay to advertise on this board.

People will "support" vendors with their patronage when they provide products consumers need at a price they are willing to pay.

One of the biggest problems with this board is that there is this idea that just because you paid for advertising space on this board you are now deserved what amounts to a charitable donation.

What you are suggesting is akin to telling me that I should buy every product advertised during the super bowl because I decided to watch the game, no matter the price. I should also take everything said in those advertisements as gospel.

FWIW most of the information I gain from this board is from regular people like myself who have no products to sell.

If you are a vendor and you feel that you are owed for your intellectual contributions then maybe you should start a help line and charge people.

Or maybe you should be happy that you are making a living playing by the same rules of capitalism as everyone else.

The toughest group of doubters I have faced is a seminar I did for a Corvette club about a year ago.
LoL I know the feelin' - I have a Zo6 and over on the corvette forums they can argue about floormats and polish like they were life n death matters :rolleyes:

My take on the ZDDP stuff. From speaking with oil engineers, whatever additive needs to added needs to be done when the oil is made. I have nothing to say about ZDDP, I'm neutral.

I was running the off road Valvoline stuff prior to me switching over to Brad Penn. I can get the Brad Penn oil more easier than the Valvoline. I just opt not to add anything to the oil.

I've also noticed anytime there is talk about oils and ZDDP, Dennis jumps right in pushing his product. I don't see TA, RJC, GNS (Scot W.), or any other vendor/manufacturer jump in a thread to push their product. From all the years I've delt with Dennis, he's a salesman.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

OK, let me first state, I didnt make this post to get into a debate about whatever issues were presented. I made this post to help members save a little cash. I'm not wealthy or even close to it but I do like to save a dime when I can. Hell, I spend half of my year on unemployment so $20 here or there is nice to save.

With that said, I feel Kirbans could give us TB members the same rates. I understand how marketing works but I also know other vendors that I can call up and can give me a discounted rate for a product because they know me well enough and know that I spend a TON of money with them and support them fully at all times. We do need to keep our vendors around, which has been stated thousands of times on this board. BUT, the same respect could be given to our members, as many vendors here do. If we have to shop around at other companies to get the same product that originates from one of our vendors, why not just let us pay the vendor directly at the same price? As far as Eastwood, they arent here on this board and I have personaly had a REALLY BAD experience with one of their products that almost cost us a motor. BUT......I'm not going to spend more money on the exact same product just for the heck of it.

I only run Royal Purple in my Stage car and I wont run anything else but Royal Purple in that car. It has a roller cam and i know Royal Purple quality is exceptional and will be just fine for that motor. On the other hand, I'm running a flat tappet in anohter of my motors, a flat tappet in my brothers car, a flat tappet in my old motor in that resides in my best friends car, and a flat tappet in my dads original motored Limited. I want a good quality additive or good quality oil at the best price I can get it. With all of these motors, we go through a TON of oil. Every dime adds up when you run through as much oil as we do.

For what it's worth, I support our vendors, I want our vendors to support us.

kirban 2 cents worth

Clearing the air on myths.....etc

First off, lets say for example we lowered our price to match Eastwood who by the way buythousands of bottles over a years period.from us....a month later someone else gets on this forum and says hey so and so sells it for $7 each...you can see how things would go down the road.

Yes, we are sales people heck any company in the retail business is into sales its what moves product.

I don't "jump" in to simply push this product. I jump it to clarify what it is and does. Over seven million cars 1973 and older are registered in the entire USA. Turbo Buicks is such a small minute part of the total market. We sell to hundreds of companies this particular product. We sell to the largest Studebaker companies, Corvair company Ford don't matter.

Many solutions exist.....this product is designed for the owners that want to buy the oil they have religiousily bought for years that now under the SM label only has 600-800 ppm can keep buying that readily available oil and simply add the 4 ounce bottle of zddplus to obtain the 1,800 ppm of zddp that was inthe oil when the turbo regals was new.

As for not giving back to the turbo buick owners...examine this one fact alone that Richard Clark is doing. He is the man behind the TSA CLASS for the GS Nats. This year top winner walks away with $6,400. That winner if he/she takes silver/gold in concours doubles to $12,800. Second and third etc have smaller amounts.

It gets better it doubles again next year. Meaning that $12,800 becomes $25,600 for the year 2011. For 2012 it doubles meaning just north of FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS based on first place taking TSA race class and first place in concours.

This is way way above any other payout. Richard is also footing the bill for the free lunch at your upcoming Turbo Buick event in mid March on that Tuesday. Every year and I know this for a fact since he is in our vendor spot he fixes and works on owners powermaster brake systems for free. He is also bringing Don Garlits to the GS Nats. (No charge)

Our company is involved with many projects with Richard the latest being Miss Hurst Linda Vaughn. In closing....the amount of zddplus we retail to the Turbo Buick world is quite small compared to the 150 plus companies we sell to. The connection the product has runs deep with the Buick Turbo community because of Richards involvement and passion for the cars.

I can relate to the Corvette issues mentioned in an earlier thread, since we make several hundred Corvette parts for major Corvette companies. Quick story to show you how "weird" things can get. True story. One of our biggest Corvette accounts is Ecklers out of Florida.

As you might realize some of the parts on our Turbo Buicks are the same as the Corvette heck they are both GM cars down deep. On one particular part think it was the radiator overflow bottle our printed directions read such and such years Buick and such and such years Corvette. Would you believe several Ecklers Corvette customers called up Ecklers to "complain" they did not like to see on the simple printed directions the word Buick.....

This is on the directions that get thrown away....My point? as anyone in business can surely relate.....you can't please all the people all the time.

I can remember when we first started to market zddplus.....most car owners thought it was snake oil that issue never existed....tune sure has changed. While its true oils like Brad Penn and Royal Purple etc are good oils and will do the trick.....we live in America and you have multiple choices.....but if you want 100% to be sure you have the proper levels of zddp when your cars where new (1,800ppm) which is a lubricant Zddplus does it when mixed with any current SM oil whether it is a known brand or a unknown brand.

End of story....

denniskirban@yahoo.com