ZDDP Cheap

jdpolzin

Not sure what you guys pay for ZDDP but I have been trying to find the best prices I could. Kirbans is basically $10 a bottle plus shipping. I found Eastwood sells a 10 pack for $90 and I used a code CRAZE for free shipping! Thought I'd let you guys know! ----Jeremy

Got mine free from Rich himself Jeremy. I got the z paste as well. Thanks for the info though.

No problem! It's funny how Kirbans is so much more expensive, this saves you $23.17 over Kirbans.

Got a 6 pack for $48 form a vendor on eBay w/ free shipping.

I like to support the TR vendors for parts, but $10 shipping on a single bottle and no significant price break in quantity....:confused:

Well there are a couple vendors on here that really dont care about helping us out. Just want to put the money in their pockets.

A six pack of ZDDP for $48 shipped is a good price!

I like to support the TR vendors for parts, but $10 shipping on a single bottle and no significant price break in quantity....:confused:

I bought the 6 ZDDP pack from an ebay seller for $48 including shipping and received the shipment super quickly.

If I understood correctly, Pen/Val ect, racing oils do not require ZDDP additive. Why are'nt you guys just using that? I assume you all are using synthetic?

kirban 2 cents worth

Let me take a minute to explain something to people posting about various prices on ebay and whatever other sources.

First Eastwood, is our customer so we are making money on them as they buy every sngle bottle from us...thousands every year. Our company and only one other company who is a good friend of Richards buys it at the price we do.

Our company outsells the other main source and we concentrated our efforts to major mail order companies and engine warehouses. The suggested retail price is $9.95 per bottle.

If you think about it....if we sold it cheaper than all these big companies we sell to they would get a little upset about it. Eastwood is a HUGE company compared to us....Also it is the first product I have gotten them to take on.

I am sure they will also take on the next product since it involve Miss Hurst Linda Vaughn which will appeal to their market. I now have a contract with Miss Hurst for a project. If you recall we gave special prices on zddplus when it first came out t get the ball rolling to our customers.

We get great discounts on zddplus every year at the GS Nats and events I personally attend.
Its like the 6 speed shifters we make for C5 and C6 corvettes...we sell to Callaway they market them under their name...which is fine...they still come from us and we still make money on them. But you can clearly see Corvette people would rather buy their 6 speed shifter from a company like Callaway who is 100 times more known in Corvettes than we are.

Eastwood their market is the entire old car market with a huge advertising budget.

That is why we hold the suggested retail price. I would say 85% or more of our sales of zddplus go to other companies.

Just figured I would spell it out......

Important thing is......nothing is simpler than adding one 4 ounce bottle of zddplus to your oil.

Also if you buy it from Erson Cams the label will look a lot different but again they buy it all from our company.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If I understood correctly, Pen/Val ect, racing oils do not require ZDDP additive. Why are'nt you guys just using that? I assume you all are using synthetic?

kirban 2 cents worth

racing oils require frequent oil changes not designed for street use reason most street drive cars don't use racing oils as they lack the detergents needed....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Seldom does anyone buy a single bottle as we tell people we can ship 4-6 bottles basically ups for the same price.

We do have a price break kicks in at 25 bottles...Again I have stated the reasons for our price structure to protect the companies w sell to.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sounds like quite the monopoly going on. I suppose it's going to happen until another product comes out. You would think as a major vendor for Turbo Buicks, we would get some sort of price break from you driectly instead of having to go to other places to buy the product. It's indeed a necessary product for peace of mind when it comes to a flat tappet cam. I guess it's only a matter of time until other people start getting their hands in the market as well.

Sounds like quite the monopoly going on. I suppose it's going to happen until another product comes out. You would think as a major vendor for Turbo Buicks, we would get some sort of price break from you driectly instead of having to go to other places to buy the product. It's indeed a necessary product for peace of mind when it comes to a flat tappet cam. I guess it's only a matter of time until other people start getting their hands in the market as well.

kirban 2 cents worth

We are not in any major stores.. You can buy our product from several major turbo buick vendors....Gbody, TA Performance, Jack Cotton.....so we are not the only buick source for the product.

Many oils have higher levels Brad Penn.....Other cam companies have other solutions....

You fail to realize for the GS Nats..the TSA lst place prize money is now $6,400 put up soley by ZDDPlus. It doubles if that same car takes gold or silver in concours...meaning $12,800. Richard has also lent his shop and facilities for YOUR up coming March event. Point being ZDDPlus has reinvested heavily in the Turbo Buick world. Plus those purses keep doubling meaning next year 2011 it would quite possible for someone to walk away with $25,600. If owner takes first in TSA and Concours class. Plus ZDDPlus is bringing to the GS Nats this year Don Garlits. This is due mostly in part by sales of the product which Richard reinvests in his passion which is Turbo Buicks and owners of these cars such as yourself.

There are other products out there. Point is, we have the simplest solution that allows owners like yourself..to continue to use the very same oil you have always used. Whether you pay $9.95 a bottle from our company or $8.95 or $8 from another source. Its like anything else....its a free market.

Until you been in business you have no idea of the start up costs involved in bringing a product to market and signing up a known spokesperson.
Like I said before smart thing is to buy ZDDPlus at the GS Nats it is at a special price and heck you pay no shipping.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sounds like quite the monopoly going on. I suppose it's going to happen until another product comes out.

Yup! That's Capitalism (I'm not knocking it).
ZDDP is a great product and the marketing (timing) is perfect.
It won't be long until the copycats come out and promise a similar product at a better price....Do you really want a Chinese knock off at $5 a bottle??

kirban 2 cents worth

Just so I understand the question...you are saying if the Chinese come out with a similar formula from a source in China you do not know or ever heard of you would dump it into your Turbo engine because you would save $5?

Remember it was just last summer the Chinese was putting something in kids milk that was killing them.

So aside from that, you think anyone with a high dollar investment in their turbo Buick, is going to jump at saving $5 by buying the same product made in China from an unknown source?

You need to look at the whole picture.....Buicks is just the tip of the market because it was introduced here first. We also sell the the largest natural gas company in the world.

In the Buick world I would think since everyone knows the person behind it owns a 100 plus GN/GNX collection and a foresnic DNA lab you would be more inclined to go with a proven product.

It would be different if it was $25 a bottle. Our company actually came up with the suggested retail price of $10. For that very reason to make other companies think twice...plus the name is trade marked and plays perfectly off the zddp molecule....

Trust me having been in the business for 30 plus years I have seen several of my products duplicated by others mostly in the Mustang world. One reason we made the billet adjustable fuel regulators around $85 in the Mustang world and $120 in the Porsche world. n both cases to each market it is a bargain. Mustang guy is more a hands on guy plus we sold thousands each year, the Porsche market is sold mostly to tuners and sales are a lot less.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, your pricing reflects quality of product as well as development costs and promotion of said product.
Knockoff prices only reflect on stolen technology and inferior product.
I have no problem spending a few bucks extra on a quality product!
Good to have you on our side!

kirban 2 cents worth

Just so I understand the question...you are saying if the Chinese come out with a similar formula from a source in China you do not know or ever heard of you would dump it into your Turbo engine because you would save $5?

Remember it was just last summer the Chinese was putting something in kids milk that was killing them.

So aside from that, you think anyone with a high dollar investment in their turbo Buick, is going to jump at saving $5 by buying the same product made in China from an unknown source?

You need to look at the whole picture.....Buicks is just the tip of the market because it was introduced here first. We also sell the the largest natural gas company in the world.

In the Buick world I would think since everyone knows the person behind it owns a 100 plus GN/GNX collection and a foresnic DNA lab you would be more inclined to go with a proven product.

It would be different if it was $25 a bottle. Our company actually came up with the suggested retail price of $10. For that very reason to make other companies think twice...plus the name is trade marked and plays perfectly off the zddp molecule....

Trust me having been in the business for 30 plus years I have seen several of my products duplicated by others mostly in the Mustang world. One reason we made the billet adjustable fuel regulators around $85 in the Mustang world and $120 in the Porsche world. n both cases to each market it is a bargain. Mustang guy is more a hands on guy plus we sold thousands each year, the Porsche market is sold mostly to tuners and sales are a lot less.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I think Walt was saying the because it's a unique product you'll get inferior copies of the product Dennis. Not that he would buy it.

I appreciate it...however, in the scheme of things concerning ZDDPlus I deserve none of the credit merely the main marketing company for the product and a long time assocation with Richard Clark....he is the "man" behind the product-company.

On a side note few years back I owned one of those Saab Turbo cars....black with tan gut....absolutely mint owner garaged it day and nite...still had the factory tag on the leather seats....had 140 ,000 miles on it but condition was beyond reproach....only reason I bought it was it was so clean as I never owned a Saab before bought it to resell it which I did. neat car....as I see in your signature block you own one...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Mine was a turbo not sure if it was the SPG model if that was something different?