ZDDP Cheap

I have a RJC deep oil pan, which carries 7 to 7 1/2 quarts of oil. I would like to know if one bottle of zddp is enough for that amount of oil?

Thanks,
Marco

This is my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts

kirban

1 four ounce bottle of zddplus with the current sm oil wil be enough in your application.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thank God I'm not a vendor here cuz your dammed if you do & dammed if you don't!
An Option, thats all ZDDP is to me, is just another option. Thanks!

kirban

Not to stir up more comments but zddp is not like an option...but a critical ingredient in motor oil. The problem lies with the amount of zddp in the current oils. Trust me cam companies would not be concerned if zddp was looked at simply as an option...option to most peoples way of thinking is something that you consider....zddp is a necessity not an option......you as a car own of course have the "option" of properly protecting your engine but the actual product is a necessity not an option.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Should EVERY oil on the market have zddp added to it? I use joe gibbs racing oil and was under the impression I didn't need it... Mr. K? :biggrin:

Should EVERY oil on the market have zddp added to it? I use joe gibbs racing oil and was under the impression I didn't need it... Mr. K? :biggrin:

Joe Gibbs is good oil and has higher amounts than the regulated SM oils. Gibbs offers several oils specific for applications needing higher levels of zddp similar to Brad Penn.

I do not have the exact ppm handy however, you are ok with that oil. Our product is designed and marketed for those car/truck owners that want to continue to use a brand of oil they have always used and with the API star burst code of SM is the ones that only have 600-800 ppm when it used to be 1,800 ppm when our Turbo Regals where new.

In otherwords, if the oil you are currently using conventional or synthetic has the SM code by law it only has 600-800 ppm. Those oils lack the zddp levels that used to be in your oil back in 1987 under the SF category. The new diesel oils now have similar lower levels of zddp also. The molecule zddp is the key lubricant to protect the extreme pressure points in your engine eg: cam to lifter contact points.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban

Not to stir up more comments but zddp is not like an option...but a critical ingredient in motor oil. The problem lies with the amount of zddp in the current oils. Trust me cam companies would not be concerned if zddp was looked at simply as an option...option to most peoples way of thinking is something that you consider....zddp is a necessity not an option......you as a car own of course have the "option" of properly protecting your engine but the actual product is a necessity not an option.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was going to mention its an "option" as I have 3 cases of the old EOS on the shelf so the correct wording should have been "it's a Option for Me"
I typed that, then erased it, but I guess I should have included it.

Dennis, I was trying to be on "Your Side" with the vendor comment.
Just seems you can never please everyone. Any car group is a Tough Crowd!
Many many opinions!
I know what I will do & thats what really matters in the long run I guess?
Over & Out.

Mobil1 clearly states that its Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40 which is an SM specified oil has 1100 ppm Phosphorus (ZDDP) and 1200 ppm Zinc on it's product sheet.

Mobil 1 Oil Chart
Better yet, Look at the chart again under Mobile 1 15w30 - Boosted, Full synthetic formula for Performance vehicles / HT/HS applications- Racing and Flat Tappet applications has 1200 / 1300 !!!! :eek: :biggrin: and it says "SM"

Better yet, Look at the chart again under Mobile 1 15w30 - Boosted, Full synthetic formula for Performance vehicles / HT/HS applications- Racing and Flat Tappet applications has 1200 / 1300 !!!! :eek: :biggrin: and it says "SM"

I have no idea why that is with the SM category...but really the point is kind of mute when our cars had 1,800 ppm....under SF....so, as owners of these cars you may want to be sure your zddp levels are around 1,800 ppm.....

Its tough to beat what Richard has made available in the simplest form to protect our (your) engines....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

At the top of this forum is a LOT of information collected on the topic of ZDDP and flat tappet cams...

Performance - Chevelle Tech

Very interesting....I think we all can agree on several key issues:

Many options are available related to oil in your car.

Richard Clark has spent a small fortune making one option available that allows owners to use the oil they have always used without seeking out something different.

While its true 1,200 ppm and 1,300 ppm may be fine and dandy I for one like to go with the levels that was around when the car was new 1,800 ppm.

Lost in the maze of info is the fact some companies tout they got zinc or whatever but they don't necessarily form the molecule zddp....I am not a tech guy...Richard and and his group of well educated engineers did....member the guy owns a DNA lab so he is pretty smart.

Our company is the main seller to major companies.....which is 80% of our sales. The connection with Turbo Buicks is because of Richard...there is no way to improve on our $9.95 product unless a company sold it cheaper.

For those that want to check out every type of oil out there and use thats fine....for those that want to stick with the brand they always have and can readily buy locally our 4 ounce bottle is the answer to obtaining 1,800 ppm of the molecule zddp......

Richard has invested quite alot into Turbo Buicks and helping many of you even opening up his shop and facilities because of his passion for the cars.

We know this product works others may also but as a Turbo owner Richard brings a lot of creditability to the plate....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The shop that put together my short block recommended Vavoline VR1 (1200 ppm) and ZDDP, they've been building race and marine motors for 40 yrs.
Guys spend thousands on their motors and worry about a $10 additive :rolleyes:

I have some ZDDP left over from the Turbobuick.com Nationals. I will sell what I have left for $8.99 a bottle and $4.99 shipping. If you buy 25 bottles the price is $7 a bottle and $7.99 shipping. Please email me at Phoff548@comcast.net

I have about 90 bottles left to sell.

Thanks!

Pete
Phoff548@comcast.net
215 778 1036