Top Sekret Teknology!

Had a local speed shop recently give me a few things to sell that had been sitting on his shelves for years. Not quite sure what this thing is supposed to do and who made it. Would say either KB or ATR??

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 931
OK, guess not. I have a few of those for an import. John leased a WRX and made one for some imports. Mine is around seven years old.

Never seen one for a GN, single NB 02. That's odd!

Crazy plenum spacer I had done back in the early 90s. Most people dont know this but I used to supply Kirban and some other companies with spacers.

Not sure I would ever admit to this ,,I think I want my donation back,now that I know the source :tongue: :tongue:

Hmmm,
That O2 sim looks like it splices inline with the TPS sensor. At least the wire lengths would be close based on the connectors shown. Wonder if it just sent a known O2 voltage to the ECM for normal cruising? This would be ok for guys who always ran C16 and never wanted to change the O2 again. It only has one pigtail for the factory wiring harness O2 pigtail, this would leave nothing to hook up to the O2 itself, virtually eliminating it all together.
Interesting. How much?
Maybe John at Caspers will chime in on that part number.

Patrick

That O2 sim was for a Buick. Kirban used to sell it. I dont think it was ever hugely popular but it was offered for a while.

Bandaid, my spacer actually worked. Im really surprised no one else copied the design and instead just sold spacers that were cut out to gasket size. I'd probably still be selling them if they didnt decide phenolic dust causes cancer :)

Normally that would be an O2 simulator...in case you wanted to remove the rear cat converters and keep the O2 sensors from setting a CEL...on a late model car that is...theres only 1 cat on these cars, and the sensor is right up at the turbo, so I dont know what the reason for it is.

That O2 sim was for a Buick. Kirban used to well it. I dont think it was ever hugely popular but it was offered for a while.

Bandaid, my spacer actually worked. Im really surprised no one else copied the design and instead just sold spacers that were cut out to gasket size. I'd probably still be selling them if they didnt decide phenolic dust causes cancer :)

I still have a layer of Garolite LE brown dust all over the tops of my machines...from 1998. I continued to use it through the years. Every time I started cutting garolite, in any form, my throat would swell up and sometimes I would start hacking up blood. I started wearing a mask...for like a day. Its not like I can reverse the years of damage to my lungs and throat caused by working in the engine machining/building business back in the dark ages when the chemicals were as nasty and dangerous as could be...and I was drenched in these chemicals every day. I had bronchitis once every 2-3 months, weird things growing on my hands, coughing blood, losing my eyesight in my left eye...among some other things..all this stuff went away after quitting that job. You would vomit if you had to deal with what i dealt with back then. It was an OSHA inspector's wet dream for sure. That place could have been shut down in a heartbeat had someone called OSHA. But Im still exposed to chemicals...nothing like before though. Our mills used to use soluble oil misters, which were illegal, but none of us knew that. This soluble oil would get rancid, filled with bacteria and God knows what, and it would be airborne in a huge cloud that I was standing in all day. Ended up having pneumonia for about 6 months.

I have one of those "o2 sim's...brand new, never used I'm not sure but I think it came from Kirban"!..:biggrin: :biggrin: I think it tricks the computer into thinking that the mixture is always ideal and also does not hurt performance if the o2 sensor is fouled...:confused: or something like that:biggrin:

Claude :cool:

I have one of those "o2 sim's...brand new, never used I'm not sure but I think it came from Kirban"!..:biggrin: :biggrin: I think it tricks the computer into thinking that the mixture is always ideal and also does not hurt performance if the o2 sensor is fouled...:confused: or something like that:biggrin:

Claude :cool:

Meanwhile...........your pistons are SHOOTING out your tail pipe like a GYSER!!:D :rolleyes:

Who remembers this publication? This one is the first issue.

Attachments

• Source.jpg
    Source.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 808
Daryl Regal.. wonder whatever happened to him?

I got some BTRCA newsletters around here somewhere too.

Chris dont forget to install the valve cover breathers:D

Stop rushing me. I don't want to screw it up. :smile:

While looking through them this morning I noticed I'd made notes on the front page of lots of them. I now wish I hadn't done that. Probably lowered the value by 10 cents each. Oh, and the date of that first one, which isn't dated, was somewhere pre December, 1988. The
December/88 date was on the second issue.

And here is my first "fast" turbo. It is a Jim Ruggles creation called an RT2000. It cost $1125 new.

Attachments

• Ruggles.jpg
    Ruggles.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 775
how about the switch that got installed in the grill opening. It had a blade on it that so when you get up to speed it turn the radiator fan off to conserve power on the electrical system.

i beleive it was a kenne bell product for way back in the day

another useless thing that i still see from time to time is the good ole TPS TEC

I had one of those fan things on my car for years...along with the Deflector, KB ram air (air choker), and who knows what other crap I fell for back in 1991.

From post #1, I have one of the 5 alcohol cars that used M-85 fuel. It used low impedence injectors. There is a box on the drivers side inner fender under the hood that holds the electronics for running the injectors. The engine required much more in the way of fuel flow when using 85% alcohol.

The technology was way ahead of the curve in 1987. The engineers at Oak Ridge National Labs had decided on the Turbo Regals in 1987 because by their own admission the computer technology was the most advanced at the time.

Jay,
I was just talking about the good ol days with someone last week. remember these?

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    75.1 KB · Views: 653
  • Pork%20ribs.jpg
    Pork%20ribs.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 690
Yes I do!

I dunno if the bowling alley is still there but Faball was bought out by Ebonite several years back.