Top Sekret Teknology!

Was that the "MAGIC" toque convertor lockup box?? I have to admit i had 1 & it did work. But a paper clip works just as good & is a tad cheaper than those sold for!

Still have mine. Bought from FRed Vetter circa 95-96. Not on car Ass it was stolen, Had to get in...........

I'm using an old school Conley's knock detector that came with the car when I bought it. It's encased in a black box similar to the Kirban's one pictured above.

For visuals it sucks because it has one red led light that blinks when it picks up knock the same time the audible warning goes off. I do find the audible portion of the detector useful and pretty accurate but needs to be louder. I just might get Caspers audible knock detector instead.

Yea.. a guy named Larry Fisher made those for Conley. If you do a search on GNTTYPE for him, you'll find out more info about him.

I have a set of OLD moroso underdrive pulleys in my closet. Studying the design, it underdrove everything using a smaller crank pulley, and then slowed the alternator down even more with a bigger pulley. I decided it's not the way to make horsepower so I took them off. Car DID feel slower after I removed them.

Also had a chip made by a company called Z-Industries. I ended up ruining it though. When I first got the car it was in the glove box and a friend wanted the plastic carrier. When I tried to take the chip out, I bent it all to hell. I have never heard or seen that chipmaker's name anywhere other than on my chip.

Still on the car is an ATR wastegate, and the bleeder valve is in the trunk. The glovebox still holds an old ATR Strip Chip and a hypertech thermomaster chip.

Z-Tech
714-779-6680

Comments: PCM programming.

I came across this cleaning the attic a few weeks ago. Its pretty cool finding some of the original go fast stuff from years gone by.:smile:

Give that back - I think that came out of my car! I've been looking for that thing.:biggrin:

I'm using an old school Conley's knock detector that came with the car when I bought it. It's encased in a black box similar to the Kirban's one pictured above.

For visuals it sucks because it has one red led light that blinks when it picks up knock the same time the audible warning goes off. I do find the audible portion of the detector useful and pretty accurate but needs to be louder. I just might get Caspers audible knock detector instead.

On my conleys knock detector i just opened it up and soldered a 120dB siren from radio shack into the circuit for the stock buzzer. It can be heard over an open dump!!!!! jeremy

On my conleys knock detector i just opened it up and soldered a 120dB siren from radio shack into the circuit for the stock buzzer. It can be heard over an open dump!!!!! jeremy

Thanks for the tip, I just might do that to save a little $$$.

Found a couple of items of interest that have been locked away in the vault I thought I would post.

injectordriver.jpg

Inline injector driver box for running low ohm injectors on the stock ECM. Circa 1989-1991ish. Guy local that was into Buicks at the time built that for me.

knockdetector.jpg

Prototype knock detector like the one Kirban used to sell. I think that's the first one ever built that had the multi light stuff in it. Same guy that built the injector adapter above built this. Circa late 80s.

spacer.jpg

Crazy plenum spacer I had done back in the early 90s. Most people dont know this but I used to supply Kirban and some other companies with spacers.

If I run across any more stuff from back in the day, Ill post it up.

Jay

i have the car that the injector driver box was beta tested on. I just recently bought Mike's t-type. i also have several chips that he gave me. one of those chips has one it a label stating. this chip was burned for jay carter.

You got the blue car, huh? I was wondering if he still had it.

Thats the fastest stock turbo car Ive ever seen. I think it ran 11.80s and as you can see, there isnt anything done to it really.

The neatest thing he ever did was the fuel pump booster. That would have been a runaway sucess had he ever sold it but when Red came out with the Fuel Enhancer a year or so later, no one would have paid what Mike's box cost to make. Red used 2 or 3 AA rechargables, Mike used a freakin RC Car battery.

You got the blue car, huh? I was wondering if he still had it.

Thats the fastest stock turbo car Ive ever seen. I think it ran 11.80s and as you can see, there isnt anything done to it really.

The neatest thing he ever did was the fuel pump booster. That would have been a runaway sucess had he ever sold it but when Red came out with the Fuel Enhancer a year or so later, no one would have paid what Mike's box cost to make. Red used 2 or 3 AA rechargables, Mike used a freakin RC Car battery.

i still happen to have the that fuel pump booster thing laying in a box with a bunch of other parts.

He also done a anti-theft thing where you have to touch two points in the car before it would start.

i also have a fender well dump i will snap some pics of it and post them.

i still happen to have the that fuel pump booster thing laying in a box with a bunch of other parts.

He also done a anti-theft thing where you have to touch two points in the car before it would start.

i also have a fender well dump i will snap some pics of it and post them.

The anti theft thing is the Touch N Go. He used to make them for Kirban. That was hands down the best antitheft device ever invented. It's a shame that thing didnt get more publicity because it could have been a huge success.

I think that may actually be my old fenderwell dump he has.