Top Sekret Teknology!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Found a couple of items of interest that have been locked away in the vault I thought I would post.

injectordriver.jpg

Inline injector driver box for running low ohm injectors on the stock ECM. Circa 1989-1991ish. Guy local that was into Buicks at the time built that for me.

knockdetector.jpg

Prototype knock detector like the one Kirban used to sell. I think that's the first one ever built that had the multi light stuff in it. Same guy that built the injector adapter above built this. Circa late 80s.

spacer.jpg

Crazy plenum spacer I had done back in the early 90s. Most people dont know this but I used to supply Kirban and some other companies with spacers.

If I run across any more stuff from back in the day, Ill post it up.

Ok heres my "projects" from awhile ago.
One is a divided plenum dog house to help even out airflow to the front cylinders (jury is still out on this)
The duel regulators were for my "dual fuel" system that I just simplified by going to Razors controller. eliminating the need for two regulators.
The valves are showing what I do to stock valves to improve flow (swirl polish) before and after same type valve.
And a new way to adjust rocker shafts by milling the pedistal flat and using these strong supports with shims under then to adjust geometry/pre-load. I still have a bunch of those that a friend machined for me.

Attachments

• Copy of divided intake plenum.JPG
    Copy of divided intake plenum.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,640
  • Copy of frt. view divided dog house.JPG
    Copy of frt. view divided dog house.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,597
  • pressure regs.JPG
    pressure regs.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,596
  • Copy of HPIM0357.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0357.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,595
  • Copy of rocker support-good.JPG
    Copy of rocker support-good.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 1,587
Hi Tech Kenne Bell

Looks like a good place to show off my Kenne Bell Cool Tube....LOL :rolleyes: Hey! I think I got one of those crazy plenum spacers in Jay's pics too. It's bleeding funky red stuff?? And check out that billet top adjustable "stock" FPR.

Attachments

• Picture 020 edit.jpg
    Picture 020 edit.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,628
Thats the only one of those spacers ever made so I doubt you have one.. it was on my brother's car until he blew the motor up on it then I liberated it. I think thats the first pictures Ive ever posted of it and only a handful of people ever saw it before it went on my brother's car.

That Cool Tube is old school.

Lol

I knew the cool tube would bring some laughs :biggrin: BTW, no I don't still have it on the car, it's in a box. When I bought my car it was a rolling advertisement for Kenne Bell. The spacer I have is some sort of laminated material, not the typical phenolic or billet. I have never seen another like it until you posted the pic of yours, same looking material. You can see a little more of it in this pic....

Attachments

• Picture 026 edit.jpg
    Picture 026 edit.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,570
I knew the cool tube would bring some laughs :biggrin: BTW, no I don't still have it on the car, it's in a box. When I bought my car it was a rolling advertisement for Kenne Bell. The spacer I have is some sort of laminated material, not the typical phenolic or billet. I have never seen another like it until you posted the pic of yours, same looking material. You can see a little more of it in this pic....

WTF is a cool tube?

WTF is a cool tube?

Check out the pics of the chrome up pipe. The center part has a water jacket around the pipe that is plumbed to a small pump that circulates water (antifreeze) from the washer fluid reservoir. There was a switch in the ashtray that controlled the pump whenever you wanted to circulate the coolant. The idea was to cool the intake pipe like the racers that throw a bag of ice on the manifold between rounds. The setup was on my car when I bought it and it was called a "Cool Tube". Sold by Kenne Bell back in the day. I can say one thing, the chrome is show quality and puts any of the chrome stuff I see nowadays to shame.

the honda and mitsu guys have been using the low impedence injectors for yrs using a box that is similar to yours.

if i go digging in the garage i'm sure i can find so useless turbo brick crap that i wasted my money on over the yrs but that could be a heart breaker

That spacer is bad ass:biggrin: Jay has been doing this from day 1! Most of us don't have a clue how much of todays tech he had a big hand in. Go back and do a search on his name you may be surprised. You may be even more surprised by the end of this year:cool:

Very interesting

I find it very interesting to see the go fast gadget of yester year. We should keep this thread going with all of the early go fast parts! Afterall that was the spring board for where we are today.

I too ran that Cool Tube. It actually worked if you circulated the ice a lot, but exactly how much it helped, (aka lowered charge temps) was never known. I think I ran it for about 3-4 months before I had it off one day changing the intercooler and I notice it was making a funny rattling sound. Come to find out, the inner lining was rusting and coming appart. Good thing I caught it before it rusted all the way through and washed the cylinders down with water/freeze mix and rust. Man the stuff we used to try back in the day. Anyone else ever use Easterns Cold Box? Patrick raises his hand
Now, that actually worked well when you packed it with dry ice, but definitely not for street driven cars.
Memories.....
Those are some pretty cool fabricated parts guys. I'm diggin the innovation.

Hahaha.. okay.. SOMEONE has to post a picture of the TorqueMaster.. I KNOW someone out there has one at least laying in a box if its not still on their car. THAT was the highest profit part ever sold for a Buick I'm pretty sure.

I had the same thing happen to my KB cold water kit. Had the pump plug up with rust & rusty water in the bottle. That was my clue to abort!! The CO2 spray kits for the stock intercoolers were interesting & the MAGIC torque converter lock up box. AHH.... The good ol' days.

Hahaha.. okay.. SOMEONE has to post a picture of the TorqueMaster.. I KNOW someone out there has one at least laying in a box if its not still on their car. THAT was the highest profit part ever sold for a Buick I'm pretty sure.

Was that the "MAGIC" toque convertor lockup box?? I have to admit i had 1 & it did work. But a paper clip works just as good & is a tad cheaper than those sold for!

Was that the "MAGIC" toque convertor lockup box?? I have to admit i had 1 & it did work. But a paper clip works just as good & is a tad cheaper than those sold for!

Yea.. it was a $100.00 box that had 2 switches on it that 1 showed engine codes and the other locked the torque converter, all through the ALDL. Probably cost $5.00-$10.00 to make and the dude sold hundreds. Each one was epoxyed so you couldnt see what was in it and the maker claimed it "used special circuitry to lock the converter to prevent damage" when all it really did was the same ALDL trickery a paperclip does.

I find it very interesting to see the go fast gadget of yester year. We should keep this thread going with all of the early go fast parts! Afterall that was the spring board for where we are today.

I agree! Have read many posts about the gadgets that were a fad and then went away. Want to see more....I'll make this thread a sticky for a few days and see if it catches on. :)