THS project almost alive

nice job Kevin!!! I can see that combo going easy 9.50s with some suspension work. I like your style , hardwork , dedication & open book attitude. Your a true asset to the TB community!!! Mike

nice job Kevin!!! I can see that combo going easy 9.50s with some suspension work. I like your style , hardwork , dedication & open book attitude. Your a true asset to the TB community!!! Mike

Thanks Mike!

No Problem Kevin! Best of luck next year and thanks for all of your help!

Thanks again Jason. Now its time to get your stuff going fast;)

I will be putting it away in running condition which is Great! I should have it all squared away for spring and THS legal too.

No Problem Kevin! Best of luck next year and thanks for of your help!

I will be putting it away in running condition which is Great! I should have it all squared away for spring and THS legal too.

Awesome! Hope you join us. I may go out once more. Our local car website keeps a list of the fastest cars on the site. I am currently tied with a 427 CI lsx Camaro on big spray. We both have 9.77's. He went yesterday to the track but couldn't best his number. He broke something so he called it a year. I am looking to get him lol

Awesome! Hope you join us. I may go out once more. Our local car website keeps a list of the fastest cars on the site. I am currently tied with a 427 CI lsx Camaro on big spray. We both have 9.77's. He went yesterday to the track but couldn't best his number. He broke something so he called it a year. I am looking to get him lol

Hi Kevin,
There must be a mistake the LS stuff always runs in the 8s on pump gas. Especially with that Kurt Urban Power plant.

He doesn't have a Kieth urban engine or a $200 junkyard one either. Maybe that's the problem

Still upgrading some things on the car. My goal for '12 is to drop 2 tenths off my best time (see sig for video.) That run was last year right before the track closed for the year. The car was ths legal too. I think I can get my goal with the power and converter I already I have. I figured some cool things out on the tune the last outing that the car really liked. I will take those things a little further this year but I am mainly focusing on the 60'. Here's what I have so far this winter:
New shocks in the rear. Had some Monroe's on there. Got these single adjustables for now. Hope to upgrade later on.
2012-02-18_16-03-46_78.jpg

The old ones
2012-02-18_16-15-18_329.jpg

Changed out the upper control arms for these:
2012-02-18_16-02-10_989.jpg

Now I can adjust the instant center. It is the proper way the correct the squat the car has (see video).

Went with some adjustable lowers too:
2012-02-18_16-03-17_697.jpg

All solid mounting points except the upper control arm at the rear end which I may change later. The car isn't a daily driver....I decided to go all out.
These suspension changes also saved a total of 9 lbs.

My old exhaust was well worn and looked like Swiss cheese at the end of the year. Bought this exhaust off my friend Tom. It was on his car last year. He decided to do just a fender dump on his car...so I jumped on this. 3.5" all aluminum, including the muffler. Weighs about 10 lbs total!
2012-01-16_17-42-27_252.jpg

I also lost 15lbs myself with more to come lol. The car was pretty much right at 3650lbs which is it's legal wieght because of the aluminum heads. I am going to be using the wieght I took off the car to counteract the rest of the cage the car needs. That way I can still be close to my legal weight without going too much over the 3650.

Looks good! You guys and your track only cars! ;) I drive with solid uppers on the street no problem, just have to tighten the nuts often or use locktite. I like that adjustable setup you got because that factory mounting bolt is a pain to get to.

I just got my governor spring in the mail this week and today put it in and filled her up with type F fluid. Probably take it for a spin tomorrow, since tonight the kids are already in bed and sleeping, and the Buick is kinda loud (according to my wife) even with a full exhaust. I figured some things out with my tune and my car liked timing in first, got a 1.56 60 ft with just a 1 psi boost launch and she likes to pull to 6500 rpm too.

I'm the opposite, I work from home so daily driver doesn't exactly apply to me. I really only get a chance to take it out for runs to dunkin donuts (I'm trying to add weight since I'm at 3500 with me and a full tank lol), sub shop for lunch, parts store or to the track.

Damn, 3500...I wish I could get my car and myself down to that lol. I am thinking it will be 3600 total before the rest ofbthe cage is added.

i can't remeber when my car ever weighed 3500lbs.
Is it less?? I am talking about the car + me. Last year it was 3650 with me in it, I was at 205 lbs bare ass naked. I now weigh 188 after a good dump lol. That plus the exhaust and a few things here and there should get me below that number.

Is it less?? I am talking about the car + me. Last year it was 3650 with me in it, I was at 205 lbs bare ass naked. I now weigh 188 after a good dump lol. That plus the exhaust and a few things here and there should get me below that number.

Kevin

kudos to you for getting back into shape/health. My car with a 1/4 tank of fuel and a single iron head in the trunk i weighed in @ 3685. No cage and i weigh 164lbs.

I only added the cylinder head in the trunk for a extra measure....... cause i removed the spare tire/jack.

so when i add a cage( IF a big IF) i'm gonna be a heavy ass ride! Even more in the street with a boom box in the trunk lol

The car was pretty much right at 3650lbs which is it's legal wieght because of the aluminum heads. I am going to be using the wieght I took off the car to counteract the rest of the cage the car needs. That way I can still be close to my legal weight without going too much over the 3650.

You mean you have to weigh 3650 in THS?? with a stock block, 200 trans, and 8.5 rear??? And people complain with stage engines, TH400, and 9" rears....

Looks good KevinB! Looks like you get it!