Buick 3 bolt to T4 turbine housing swap

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
I'm curious just how much a t4 4 bolt turbine housing is worth over a 3 bolt.

My car is currently setup to run TSM with a 6768hpqh, but I am going to run a local series this year also that allows me to run anything up to a 76. I'm probably going to keep the current 67 for now, but I'm changing some things in the interest of weight and power. I was going to remove the current heavy downpipe and exhaust and built a short aluminum downpipe. I'm also going to dump the wastegate to atmosphere. Both of those should help power a bit. But, since I'm building another downpipe I'm considering swapping the exhaust housing to a 4 bolt.

I'll make a 3 bolt to 4 bolt adapter with a slick transition between the two flanges. If I were to swap the flange on the headers, I wouldn't be changing any more than what the adapter will do. This allows me to swap all the tsm stuff back on for the few races we'll have.

The new class requires I run without a boost controller, just a line from the top of the wastegate to intake pressure and whatever for wastegate spring. My car makes boost really quick and I'm afraid it will probably be hard to hook. A slower spool time may help me control the power better.

I doubt I was using all the 6768 had to run the time in my sig. But, if I do this swap to the 4 bolt housing, theoretically what could it be worth in power? Will a .96 A/R make a noticeable difference in slowing the spool time?

buicktot4adapter_zpsb4ce42fc.jpg

If a V-band turbine housing is available I could do that too, but I can't find one for my turbo in online searching.

I'm pretty sure PTE has a band housing for you. Think vid seen one like that on the supraforums

Don't worry to much about controlling power. You can pull timing in the pa tables of XFI to ramp it like you want.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app