THS project almost alive

Believe it or not the "jinxed one" and I will be there if the rain isn't. Needing some tuning help! But it's been on the road for more than 100 miles with out a problem!!!! Longest streak in over 5 years. Yippee!!!
Marty

I Will help ya but the rain situation don't look good right now.

Believe it or not the "jinxed one" and I will be there if the rain isn't. Needing some tuning help! But it's been on the road for more than 100 miles with out a problem!!!! Longest streak in over 5 years. Yippee!!!
Marty

That is great news, hope it stays that way for you.

Take care, Kip

Cool pic from the local cruise in Thursday. It just so happens its at a dragbstrip. They have what I think is one of the coolest rules...no trailered cars. Towards the end they have heads up drag, top 32 domestics and top 32 imports. Then the winner of those 2 classes face off against each other. The track is not prepped at all. Pretty badass event. I went out round 2. Need more traction!

Attachments

• 5845587648_ae75a4d1cd_b.jpg
    5845587648_ae75a4d1cd_b.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 341
Well, I am going to make a final update for the year on the car.
Had a very successful day at the track today. Fixed the boost issue I was fighting at bg. Put one of those rjc pucks in the down pipe....problem fixed! Was having issues running boost in 1st and 2nd and horrible creep in 3rd. The puck fixed it all.
Off the trailer it went 10.0, followed by 3 9.9x passes. The last pass I turned it up and it went 9.77. I was about 15-20 lbs light for being ths legal according to the scales. Very happy with the results!! I can put it away for the year running...which is awesome in itself lol.

I would like to thank a few people for the success I had with the car this year.

Tom Robison..he helped me with anything welding with the car. Since i can't weld, tom did the roll bar and a few other misc welding projects. He also lent me some parts to go racing. Thanks Tom!

Lonnie Diers....this 200 he built fir the car is unreal. 220+ passes on it without a hiccup. He has also gave me a few tips here and there on how to get it down the track. Thanks Lonnie!

Kip Asplund...as always, awesome part service. Also thanks for running the best class out there!

Jason (jasjamz) and Brian (phoneguy). These two lent me their converters. I am definitely a budget racer and didn't have the budget for a tc this summer. These guys stepped up (Kip lent one too). Brian's ptc ended up being the piece;)

Learned a lot this year swapping stuff around. Found a magic cam from DLS, a different direction in gear selection, and a few tuning trials and errors really all finally came together today;)

Now its time to change some things for next year to make it a better car. Btw...the short block is for sale lol

2011-11-05_16-12-32_189.jpg

[video=youtube_share;Bw3Q8UziS7o]http://youtu.be/Bw3Q8UziS7o[/video]

Kevin, although we have never met I had no problem offering you the use of my converter. You are someone that shares your experience with others on the board and it is appreciated. I am also a budget guy,(that is why my engine is still sitting here melted), which is another reason I made the decision to offer it up to you for you to be able to compete. There are only a handful of people that I would even consider doing this for. Congrats on your passes and continued success to you !! Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

Kevin, although we have never met I had no problem offering you the use of my converter. You are someone that shares your experience with others on the board and it is appreciated. I am also a budget guy,(that is why my engine is still sitting here melted), which is another reason I made the decision to offer it up to you for you to be able to compete. There are only a handful of people that I would even consider doing this for. Congrats on your passes and continued success to you !! Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

No problem Bryan, I definitely owe you. I know you got yourself surrounded by the best in the biz, but if you ever need my 2 cents on something, I will be more than happy to tell ya;)

Thanks Tom! Man that car needs some serious suspension work lol
The 1/4 panel buckle is pretty serious there too.

Thanks Tom! Man that car needs some serious suspension work lol
The 1/4 panel buckle is pretty serious there too.
Yeah I guess its a twisted up race car now. So now it's time for a lsx motor.Oh and buy some shocks.