"Spotted" section

here in michigan. maybe the ypsilanti area. yesterday, 12 march. grand national racing a mitsubishi. dont know what kind. raced twice. gn won. who was this? anyone here?

Gary, you must be kidding me..that combo does not sound good. I tell you what for what it might have put on it he could have probably got a whole set up to original for the same price..I like things orginal...no other way and I am 35

Gary, you must be kidding me..that combo does not sound good. I tell you what for what it might have put on it he could have probably got a whole set up to original for the same price..I like things orginal...no other way and I am 35
----------------------------
I don't think that age is a determining factor in how one likes his car set-up, and I like mine modified. I kept mine bone stock up until I played with a not-so-stock one at a stoplight. Even though these cars were considered to be "America's fastest stock production car manufactured in '87" and they took the record away from Corvettes that same year for the same thing, they are notorious for not being all that fast on today's market, they are about as aerodynamic as a brick, they not only don't stop on a dime, they don't stop at all about half the time, and they have the handling characteristics of a soap box derby straight line racer, they can stand some updates and modern day mods. It takes all kinds, and as a general rule I won't bag on someone else's just because he did some things that I don't like. I like all turbo bricks, I just like mine most of all. But I have seen a lot that I wouldn't kick out of bed. Especially in the TB.com SoCal sector. We have some very nice cars in our group.

new spotting

Oceanside, CA

intersection of Foussat and Mission @ 6.14 pm March 13, 2007

1987 GN. T-Tops, Centerlines(?), Larger tires out back.

younger guy driving...

I dont know about you but "blue" with "chrome rims" and all the other BS that he has on his car tells me a few things.
1. He dont know what the hell type of car he got becuase if he did he would not put that after market S__T on it.
2. He must be a young guy
3. that combo you just gave me looks like, sounds like and smells like.....well you know the rest!
Gerald (a guy that beleives in keeping it original)

so were idiots for modifying our cars:confused:

Met a guy at a lowrider gathering in San Bernadino This Sun.15

Really Clean, Really clean, nice wheels, also I think he may have been with the other guy that had 4 guys in his GN, He looked like the guy that had stock wheels and "Major BEAT" that went with us to Palos Verdes,didnt get to talk to him but, I told the other guy I did meet about the TB Boards

AHA! So you do come out- EGOKILR...

Rather hang with the low-low's than with the TR guys huh?

I see how it is...:p

Are you down for the Pizza thing at Dana Point? It's significantly closer than the regular meets...

AHA! So you do come out- EGOKILR...

Rather hang with the low-low's than with the TR guys huh?

I see how it is...:p

Are you down for the Pizza thing at Dana Point? It's significantly closer than the regular meets...

THAT GUY WILL DRIVE TO PALM SPRINGS FOR GET TOGETHERS, I DONT THINK HE CARES ABOUT THE DISTANCE, BESIDES, WHATS AN HOUR DRIVE?:confused:

I just happend to come out to that one.

THAT GUY WILL DRIVE TO PALM SPRINGS FOR GET TOGETHERS, I DONT THINK HE CARES ABOUT THE DISTANCE, BESIDES, WHATS AN HOUR DRIVE?:confused:

And I have meets every other sunday, I know I need to come to a TB meet, just everyone is mad if I dont come to one or the other thing. What day is the Dana Point Meet?

Spotted another GN parked at the hobby shop parking lot on North Island NAS. Looks like it's been sitting out there for awhile...it was really dirty.:eek:

Jolly,

That is mine. It's an 87 originally built for Canada. It used to be in really good shape but I went on a deployment and came back to trashed rims and tons of rust. It wiped a cam about a year ago and has been setting because I had no money. (Just married, kid, wouldn't trade it for the world!:smile: ) Anyway, just dropped an engine in it two nights ago. As soon as I get my tranny back I'll get it tuned (I'm hoping 11's) and start some body work. Maybe then I can get up to some of those socal meetups!:D

regards,
james

Glad to see you'll get it running real soon. The Bates Farm car show is on the 3rd of June....I'll be there with a couple of other local GN guys. Stop by even if your car isnt done yet. Otherwise hit me up on base if you see me.:cool:

I'll try and make it. Is your GN the one with the flames? I see that one in the parking lot by my work. Also, there's one a warrent officer drives sometimes. Very clean car and I don't think allot of mods done. Anyway, hopefully I'll make it out to the show this year. james

"1 Kwik T"

I was in Anaheim on Brookherst, and I saw a Black T-type with the license plate of "1 KWIK T", with a female driver. Clean car, had GNX center caps. Sound like one of "us"?

I'll try and make it. Is your GN the one with the flames? I see that one in the parking lot by my work. Also, there's one a warrent officer drives sometimes. Very clean car and I don't think allot of mods done. Anyway, hopefully I'll make it out to the show this year. james

No that's not mine. Mine has Centerlines and Texas plates. But I haven't seen that one with flames yet. I know another Navy guy on base has an 85 GN converted to an 87 intercooled setup.

Spotted: Teal & blackout '86 T-Type

Spotted this monring at the Long Beach-Veteran's Memorial Stadium swap meet-car show in the car corral without a for sale sign a very respectable teal & blackout '86 Turbo-T bearing Cal Lic plate 1JRR??? or 1RJJ???. GTA rims. Nice looking car, had more than it's share of lookers & admirers. Anybody here?

An 86 in need of TLC

Spotted an 86 GN for sale in the parking lot of the auto parts store at Florence and Garfield in the city of Bell Gardens. Didn't see the price but it looked like the body needed some serious attention.

Spotted an 86 GN for sale in the parking lot of the auto parts store at Florence and Garfield in the city of Bell Gardens. Didn't see the price but it looked like the body needed some serious attention.

did it have any mis colored body parts on it?

that is my GN

of the three I own I have for sale..at AutoZone...it runs REAL good completely BONE stock.