"Spotted" section

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
For the benefit of the Turbo Buick Community in General and for the benefit of the local South Western Turbo Buick Community I have proposed that we have a section dedicated to Turbo Buicks that have been "spotted" either in you local area or while travelling about.

The reason I proposed this "feature" is that I have "spotted" several TR's in the San Diego area (at least 10), that I was never able to make contact with. Thus, I am unaware if those people are aware of our little TB board. Therefore, I wanted a place where we could post what or who we've seen and where. I even suggested maybe offering a downloadable/printable business card format document that would have the name/address of our site so as to allow the recipient to access the board and possibly join us. Hopefully, the powers that be will assist us in this effort. (this model is one that I have seen used successfully in the local Subaru WRX board "all wheel junkies")

So here it is. Please post up if you have spotted or been spotted and lets bring a few more over to the darkside...

Thank you for your participation.

I'll start...

Here's just a few:

1. Saw GN in Oceanside. had little tiny "fins" on the roof and rear deck. :confused: Older guy driving.

2. Saw White T-Type with throaty exhaust in Vista near Melrose. Hispanic dudes driving.

3. Saw a GN heading South on I-5 near Clairmont Blvd. messed up front end. Younger guy driving.

4. Just recently have spotted a GNn and TTA with current MI plates at my local gym. I assume it's the same guy. I have never seen him and never seem to have any paper to leave a note...:mad:

IN the San Fernando Valley, some old dude has a 12k mile GN, didnt seem to know much about it except that it had "12k original miles"

Another guy parks his on a main street:eek:

And I chased some lady down in in the T a few months ago, opened the dump and scared the living hell out of her!

hey, that was'nt my 81 turbo regal on the main street was it? its burgundy/faded:biggrin: and where in sf valley are you? i've seen a young guy driving a gn down hubbard a while back ago, hispanic guy. I always see an old lady driving a clean ass 87 that nice champagne color w/ black trim. I offered her cash, no sell:biggrin: her plateframe says "davids grandma" I thought it was a joke till she came out of the store:eek:
oh yeah, seen an old man in a all stock gn in burbank hauling ass. and my chick always see's a man driving his down the 405 between santa monica and beverly hills. ? i can probably go on and on and on, but i'd look like a stalker!!!

Only if I can count the 3 money pits in my garage! :p

Prefereably, the TR's spotted would be one's not owned by you...:smile:

theres a bunch of tr in my area but i know who these guys are, there not board members exept for petesgn and hboost.

Great! I knew this thread would work. Now I can cross an unknown off my list.:biggrin: If you need a body guy I can give you a referral.

hey, that was'nt my 81 turbo regal on the main street was it? its burgundy/faded:biggrin: and where in sf valley are you? i've seen a young guy driving a gn down hubbard a while back ago, hispanic guy. I always see an old lady driving a clean ass 87 that nice champagne color w/ black trim. I offered her cash, no sell:biggrin: her plateframe says "davids grandma" I thought it was a joke till she came out of the store:eek:
oh yeah, seen an old man in a all stock gn in burbank hauling ass. and my chick always see's a man driving his down the 405 between santa monica and beverly hills. ? i can probably go on and on and on, but i'd look like a stalker!!!

I got your PM, I might not have my car much longer, I might trade it, not sure yet, Its just damn hard to part with a car you love....Its a Gn parked on vanowen

why would you do such a thing as trading? what do you want to trade for:D
keep it, or you'll be sorry. Even though my we-4 had more than I bargained for as rust goes, I kind of wish I would have kept it. Then again, I would have rather kept my ss monte. Give me a call when you get a chance, seems your close to me.

Trade a TR??? Don't even think about it. Dealer won't give you crap for the car even though they might know what it is, they'll play dumb. Had a few places try...

If you're done with TR's sell on the board or ebay. You'll get a better price.

I live in mission viejo and work in dana point delivering pizzas so i'am always driving around looking for tr i'v been lucky i've found many. Theres a 86 burgandy tr in mv and a 87 gn close to land rover dealer in mv also 87 gn laguna nigel in my deliver area my cousin works at a car wash theres a clean one that goes every weak there and a sh##Y one in lake forest. I love them all.

A while ago when I was driving to HB heading west bound on the 22 freeway I would see a GN with GNX style rims. This was at about 5am ish. Maybe a daily driver? It looked like the driver would exit Trask St in Garden Grove....any ideas?