Repeat procedure.

30PSI and no knock (or at least not destructive knock), wow. Ive read where blowthrough cars on E85 with high boost pressures get to the temp of vaporization of alcohol and it pulls so much heat out that it will actually get the intake below ambient temp. I didnt think that high of boost was possible on pump gas. Im not sure what you have for a bottom end but anything that can hold 30PSI and is stockish is impressive!

C'mon Jesse turn it up.
The Te62 upgrade definitely put the car in the 11's, Got to work on 60ft and suspension a bit.
Yeah, If I stuck shims under these or put in stiffer valve springs I'd turn it up more but Yeah! I got a new inspection sticker today and beat on it and it's still pulling and I'm past 5500 revs. Probably just leave the springs alone and spray the N20 on top of the 30psi and call it good. It's all stock MnCarb, $200 long block and I just installed a new rear rubber main seal that's it. 93 Pump/Alky for fuel and more boost that Ignition timing.
SOON I'm starting a new thread about a new built blowthru engine but that's a whole mess I'll keep out of here for now.

WarWagon said:
C'mon Jesse turn it up.
The Te62 upgrade definitely put the car in the 11's, Got to work on 60ft and suspension a bit.
Yeah, If I stuck shims under these or put in stiffer valve springs I'd turn it up more but Yeah! I got a new inspection sticker today and beat on it and it's still pulling and I'm past 5500 revs. Probably just leave the springs alone and spray the N20 on top of the 30psi and call it good. It's all stock MnCarb, $200 long block and I just installed a new rear rubber main seal that's it. 93 Pump/Alky for fuel and more boost that Ignition timing.
SOON I'm starting a new thread about a new built blowthru engine but that's a whole mess I'll keep out of here for now.

You need 100-110 on the seat. 980's are good to about .430" lift/5000rpm if shimmed to 80 on the seat which is way tighter than you have them. It will start dropping power before it mis-fires from valve float.

Thank you for the advise/notes Brian. Perhaps I mis-diagnosed the popping over 30psi but it pulls clean all the way through set right at 30psi. Also thanks again for all the help on the iron heads and beehive valve springs on my new engine. I'll shim or upgrade these 980's on this engine in the meantime.

WarWagon said:
Thank you for the advise/notes Brian. Perhaps I mis-diagnosed the popping over 30psi but it pulls clean all the way through set right at 30psi. Also thanks again for all the help on the iron heads and beehive valve springs on my new engine. I'll shim or upgrade these 980's on this engine in the meantime.

Get some numbers

C'mon Jesse turn it up.

I'm saving some money for a wb and an oil psi guage and I plan on taking it out again. probably put it on the shelf for the next few weeks until I get that stuff. Ineedagn will be up here sometime next month hopefully and he has a powerlogger that he's dying to put on my car so we can get everything figured out. It will get there, just need to get the necessary stuff. Right now where I got everything set it seems to be running pretty good. I'm also considering getting ahold of dusty after that to have him either rebuild the 10in converter or I might just get a 9.5 and be done with it. I've been keeping an eye on the trans fluid and all is well so far, just can't stand the rattle it's driving me nuts.

I also got the grille and tail lights all packaged up and I'll get a shipping quote monday if I can get out of work on time.

I'm saving some money for a wb and an oil psi guage and I plan on taking it out again. probably put it on the shelf for the next few weeks until I get that stuff. Ineedagn will be up here sometime next month hopefully and he has a powerlogger that he's dying to put on my car so we can get everything figured out. It will get there, just need to get the necessary stuff. Right now where I got everything set it seems to be running pretty good. I'm also considering getting ahold of dusty after that to have him either rebuild the 10in converter or I might just get a 9.5 and be done with it. I've been keeping an eye on the trans fluid and all is well so far, just can't stand the rattle it's driving me nuts.

I also got the grille and tail lights all packaged up and I'll get a shipping quote monday if I can get out of work on time.
What stall you running now ?

C'mon Jesse turn it up.
Once again totally impressed by your ride.Got any pics of the corvair a guy on my street when i was a kid was acorvair nut. This is when they were new

How are the street manners ? Cant make up my mind lu or nlu stall my car is street driven daily and long trips.

Need to finish off the N20 bottle and get it refilled and I will be ready to go race at all the tracks and FLD's start May 5th.
I had a friend repair and strengthen my carb hat so even more boost can be ran.

Lastnight I ordered a set of MT 28/10.5/15 ET DRAG slicks and a remote actuated battery disconnect switch to be legal at the tracks with a trunk mounted battery.

It didn't blow out but I did crack the top of it from the torque I put on the nuts to sandwich the gasket between it and the carb and the stud hit the hood support a few times and helped crack it too. I'm sure it holds a lot more than 30 psi;) but the gasket... wello_O I have to make my own now, nothing off the shelf holds especially if you blast it with Methanol.

Going racing this Sunday at the local Flashlight Drags again and I'm ready to take on anything win or loose.
Got my new 28X10.50/15 MT ET Drags mounted up:

And my kill switch is installed but not wired into the circuit yet as I have to run the ALT wire back to the battery.

Next outing after this weekend will be at one of the two dragstrips that are semi-local for updated ET's with the new turbo.

Flashlight drags are over, had a good time. The slicks did well plus I removed almost 3/4" from the wheel house and trimmed the wheel arch moldings the same, no way anythings hitting now. I just ran the car with high boost and meth on pump gas, I wanted to spray the nitrous but everytime I hit it the nitrous adds 5 psi boost totaling 35psi and then pops out the exhaust, and I don't want to turn the boost down from 30psi lol. I needed either a bigger turbo(62mm) or the 100 shot N20 to beat my friend who would come around me the last 20ft of the 1/8mi. All in all the car is running great for what little it has and can't wait to go race at the track for an ET. Which ever comes first that or the next Flashlight Drag on June 2nd.

WarWagon said:
Flashlight drags are over, had a good time. The slicks did well plus I removed almost 3/4" from the wheel house and trimmed the wheel arch moldings the same, no way anythings hitting now. I just ran the car with high boost and meth on pump gas, I wanted to spray the nitrous but everytime I hit it the nitrous adds 5 psi boost totaling 35psi and then pops out the exhaust, and I don't want to turn the boost down from 30psi lol. I needed either a bigger turbo(62mm) or the 100 shot N20 to beat my friend who would come around me the last 20ft of the 1/8mi. All in all the car is running great for what little it has and can't wait to go race at the track for an ET. Which ever comes first that or the next Flashlight Drag on June 2nd.

Have a nice billet 67 here winking at you.

Have a nice billet 67 here winking at you.
I know :D Don't temp me soo much lol. I'm saving up for another one of your upgrades and I'll be sending the pt53 back soon, I'll send you a message.
Did finally get the 100 shot of nitrous to hit proper and like always it was so much fun and addicting I ran the bottle out in one evening. Just had to back the boost down to 25psi and re-jet the fogger's fuel from 38 to 24 then turn alky down to 5, You could spray it all day with a 100hp shot if you had enough bottle and be safe but now my 275/60 street tires have worn thin :p