Repeat procedure.

That means you , Aj, and I will be runnig the same turbo Adam.:D The only question is which one of us will go faster now.;)

^-- and now better lol.
Not performance oriented post but still good. Installing poly body mounts:
mount.jpg

Success! but not without working for it. Only had 4 troublesome areas:#6 bushing, both frame and body side. The frame had corroded around the old rubber bushing and the body had collapsed where the bushing mounts and sits.
body2_zps8a561289.jpg

body3_zpsff0e062b.jpg

Made my own captured nut and body patches:
body4_zps3e596834.jpg

body5_zpsb3b12d5c.jpg

Drivers side is done:
body6_zps729b57ae.jpg

body7_zps7bff17e7.jpg

With the body up I would do something to tie up the rear crossmember, wish I would have done this.

No sir have not swapped turbos yet still have the PT53 on it plus I have lots of snow out right now lol.
I didn't do anything else while I was under there just fixed the rot and sagging.

Who's carb bonnet is that, how tall is it, and how much hood clearance do you have with it and the Smokey Weiand?

Thanks,

Who's carb bonnet is that, how tall is it, and how much hood clearance do you have with it and the Smokey Weiand?

Thanks,
Ah ha! you found my thread. That carb hat/bonnet is made by Spectre and it is a good quality piece for the finish, fit and performance. This one has a 4" inlet and is cast aluminum. It's 3 1/2" from the base of the hat/bonnet to the top and I have 2" of clearance from the inner hood reinforcement to the top of the hat/bonnet. That measurement includes two 1/4" thick gaskets (carb base and hat gasket) and the height of the Smokey Yunick Weiand intake manifold. Another measurement is 11 1/2" from the Air gap floor of the intake manifold to top of hat/bonnet.

Cool thanks. I think I saw that the EV bonnets are 4.5in tall. Is the Smokey taller than a standard Weiand? I'm guessing the Spectre isn't divided so you can clock it how you like and it doesn't make a lot of difference?

I think I found a block for mine so hopefully I'll start sending parts to the machine shop here soon!

Welcome. Yes the Spectre isn't divided and has a ski jump floor. The Smokey intake is about 1/8" taller than the other Weiand.

Swapped turbo's March 6th and went for a little cruise. As predicted spoolup is improved over the one I just took off, Initially It was producing more than 3:1 pr boost (30psi) but was popping and floating the valves. These are still just un-shimmed comp 980's, So I set it and left boost @ 3:1 pr that's the limit of the valve springs I believe. Didn't drive it too much but it kept on pulling where the other turbo was done, and the new body bushings are awesome.

Attachments

• upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 116
One of the best things you can do with these cars is put a new set of energy suspension bushings in. Makes for a much better car