Repeat procedure.

So how fast do you think this is? Is it a solid 11 second car? Can you drive a blowthrough carb daily? What kinda knock sensing setup do you have?

Is this too many questions? :D

Well I hope your butt is happy and maybe you should join the Navy now.:p Glad everything is working right for a change Adam and i'm wondering if you got my email at this point.;)

Is this too many questions? :D
Not sure exactly how fast/quick the car is at this moment, that will be discovered when I hit the track for an ET. The only real onfo I have at this time: The car was at 118mph at the top of high gear but that was seen on my passengers I phone GPS speedo. Still don't know how acurrate that is. To me it feels and drives like a mid 11 car, time will tell when I visit the track. It's not for everyone but my ears are what is monitoring knock. I have no ESC anymore. Driveabilty is is fun and well mannered, yes it can be and is daily driven, not problems there.

Charlie I have the Emails and Im keeping in on the downlow as you requested, neat stuff tho.
A.J. Thanks man and a trip to a track is in the works.

Ok before I post the next round of video's I went back over my tune on the car and also adjusted the "Initial" on the PAC controller for less meth flow. I replaced the gasket (again) in the carb hat and with those few changes with the Alkycontrol made it TOO easy to turn the boost up. Currently Boost is 30psi running 17* timing under boost and 24*without. 93 octane fuel.

Well the weather has been all nukkin futs lately and ruined my track day plan for July 26th.
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/prp-news/460-thursday-july-26-test-n-tune-cancelled
Damage: http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/prp-news/461-weather-causes-significant-damage

PRP hopes to have the track ready for Aug, So I'm planning for the Aug 2nd TNT as my next track day.
I now have a crack formed in my stainless crossover and I may or may not have it repaired before I hit the track, It don't seem to be a big deal other than the leak sound. I also had a ongoing problem with my NX N20 system ever since I rewired the car with all the latest upgrades, that has been cured and confirmed now after doing research and testing with a multimeter. Problem was not enough gauge wire and fuses, I had to have a dedicated 60amp :eek: circuit for the NX system, the N20 solenoid alone draws 23 ampso_O.
Can't wait to get to the track, I have a really good 93/alky tune right now running 32psi, 18* timing. I may be near maxing out my combo with the 5869 turbo I'm running.

Holy shit dude really? Can't wait to hear your new time. I gotta get crankin on mine if I ever get a good stall.

I'm just looking foward to seeing what kind of times you're getting Adam. As far as wire size I believe in going bigger than needed for the shear fact that everything works better in general. On the off road lights I used to run I had 10 gauge to the lights and ran a 40 amp relay to power them rather than the recomended 14 guage. Made the lights work a lot better and for all mu starters and gronds on the car I'm using 1/0 welding lead to make sure it never has an issue.;)

I'm as curious and excited to get the real ET's just as you are. So far the track is still being repaired/cleaned up, so we will see when I get to go.

:) Adam
If this car feels like a mid 11 car now, I can see you in the 10's..... once you get the NOS flowing.:p:D:)

:) Adam
If this car feels like a mid 11 car now, I can see you in the 10's..... once you get the NOS flowing.:p:D:)
Find out about that tomorrow! The track is repaired and ready to go. I'll make no guesses now It could be painfully slow, but it IS quicker than my personal best in this car and the only time I took it too the track back in'06.

Find out about that tomorrow! The track is repaired and ready to go. I'll make no guesses now It could be painfully slow, but it IS quicker than my personal best in this car and the only time I took it too the track back in'06.
Make sure to take some vids and pics Adam.:cool: Just to proove that a non SFI car can bust ass on the track.:D BTW, did you get the motor mount pics? I've just finished the last of the mock ups so I should be able to send you some better pics and info on them.;)

I had a decently good track day or should I say track hours, because I only got to run twice.
Drove the Regal the whole 154mi round trip to PRP plus raced and had no real problems or broke anything except the cash in my wallet. The track was packed! and hot @ 94* when I got there and humidity was high around 87%, basically uncomfortable crappy weather. It's been six long years since I drove the same car down this particular track. First run I changed nothing, tested the Regal in the configuration I drove in on with only 10 mins of cool down time since I arrived while the car was getting tech'd in. Never sprayed nitrous on runs. Launched off the T-brake @3500 with 8psi and it was all over, car just spun and put on a smoke show I lifted let it straighten up and got back on it and lifted again right before or at the 1/8mi and coasted to finish out the 1/4mi. Lesson learned enough of that:oops: , Pitted then swapped out the 275/60/15 street radials for my OLD & worn 26" tall MT slicks filled to 20psi. That tire swap was my only change to the car for the next run, now with the car cooled off for a good 35 mins I fired it up and headed to staging lanes. Now in my last run I'm staging and get both bulbs lit and forget to set the T-brake and rolled through the lights while building boost:mad: Backed up not realizing the tree has started and I'm already red lightedo_O I re-stage and this time SET the T-brake and launch with the same 3500 @ 8psi. Alright the car HOOKED and my ashtray filled with quarters for the Toll roads I have to drive to get to the track, flies open dumping it's contents onto my shifter/floor carpet. With all that going on I'm shifting and I don't remember if I left the car in 3rd or hit OD now, Don't matter it's the end of the 1/4mi now and I'm shutting down, that final run was both my best and worst as a driver. Not much to go off of with ET's but the MPH's were decent with my mostly stock/hybrid combo. Below and attached are my two slips in one pic Car #4068:

While not optimal my friends did video record the runs but on a I phone, so the quality is less than good. Another one of my friends did record the runs on a real video camera but I don't have those files yet.
Vids on YouTube:

So there is a lot more still left in the car and with a little more tuning and practice and some 28" tall slicks or DR's I'm quite sure it can run in the mid to low 11's non N20 assisted.
Basic settings for these runs: conservative "safe" alky tune on 93 pump gas, 10.0-10.2 AFR, 30psi boost(carb hat is cracked or it would be 32psi, 17* Ign timing all gears, fresh-ish oil change with 15w-40 Rotella.

Attachments

• slip.jpg
    slip.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 118
Question about fuel/timing: If I want to add 8-9* timing and leave my current fuel tune the same can that still be done on 93(e10)pump/alky or that this something strickly for race fuel. I don't want to go E85 right now there are only a couple pumps and more people running it. I can get 93pump, turboblue, shell urt, vp fuels all local and plentiful but not cheap:(.

i would say your timing is going to be dependent on air quality and your knock. i would slowly................... slowly tweak the timing until you reggie the slightest bit of knock then pull her back a degree or 2.

this heat and humidity are not helping anybody....

i would say your timing is going to be dependent on air quality and your knock. i would slowly................... slowly tweak the timing until you reggie the slightest bit of knock then pull her back a degree or 2.

this heat and humidity are not helping anybody....
I dig the Knocksense link you pasted in the BS post. I'll probably get that. I have nothing plugged in my knock sensor but it's still in the back of the block. I've been running with the timing locked low like this for awhile and the only time I've heard it knock was at the FLD's and I just turned the alky up to get rid of it. I'd love to bump the timing up to 26* just didn't know if I could with the same boost setting and 93/alky. Thanks for chiming in A.J.

I posted in the time slip database but never updated here.
Last Saturday I took the car too Mason-Dixon Dragway and made many passes down the 1320. 8 out of ten passes were all in the mid to low 12's and one 13 and one 14 pass while feeling the track and car out.
old worn 26" MT drags, 93 pump/alky, 3:1PR boost (31-32psi) full weight and stock.
Best 60ft 1.7
Best 1/8ET 7.7
Best 1/8MPH 89
Best 1/4ET 12.1@108
Best 1/4MPH110@12.2
I could not get the car to leave right just off the foot brake alone that was the 13 and 14 sec passes. Not to worry the stage right trans brake works great on the other 8 passes. then I was only playing with the launch rpm leaving at 4000, 4500 and 5000 to see if it could squeeze anymore ET out of it. I believe I could have gotten a high 11 pass out of the car spraying nitrous and don't think I didn't try only to find out later when I got home that a spade connector was off the WOT switch and the N20 never sprayed. I'm trying to acquire the video's from that day that are the best HQ video's yet.