PTE 6765 Billet Wheel Turbo Has Landed!

I just saw an import run 9.3z @ 153mph on a single 6765 billet, he dyno'ed high 800 for hp and high 500's for tq.

another mustang twin 67 billet turbo mustang is in the 7's with 1200hp and 1000tq plus

billets look to be proving themselves to be a hard a$$ bov using turbo :)

No. I had to switch my attention to the race car for BG and honestly haven't fooled with any of them since we got home.

Since the stock PM failed last time out, my plan is to switch it over to 4 wheel manual discs and upgrade the rear end and drive shaft before I take it back out. I can then use the trans-brake and know I won't explode anything as well as be able to STOP.

It shouldn't be long...............

Your street car is starting to sound more and more like another race car. ;)

Looking forward to results! :)

Got a little sidetracked with upgrading the suspension http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/289865-total-suspension-build.html

It's ready to go. Added CO2 for reference pressure to the AMS plus a couple of other tricks. If the suspension works and it hooks, I expect some good #s out of it. I've been trying to get it back to the track for the past 3 weeks but we've had nothing but rain - clears up on work days and rains on track days - go figure.:rolleyes: Updates soon............

Whats the diff between the 6765 and the 6776?

The 6765 is newer.
-It has a Billet Precision Compressor Wheel instead of the Cast Garrett one.
-It has a newer designed turbine wheel based on the old 76 trim (p) Garrett wheel.
-In theory the 6765 should out flow the 6776 on the intake and exhaust.

Maybe Patrick can give you more specific information but that is a basic overview!

The 6765 is newer.
-It has a Billet Precision Compressor Wheel instead of the Cast Garrett one.
-It has a newer designed turbine wheel based on the old 76 trim (p) Garrett wheel.
-In theory the 6765 should out flow the 6776 on the intake and exhaust.

Maybe Patrick can give you more specific information but that is a basic overview!
I may be mistaken but...Isnt there a new billet 6776 DBB also? Im wondering how these two would compare? Thanx..;)

Whats the diff between the 6765 and the 6776?

6765 is NEW Billet Wheel (900 hp rated)
67 mm Compressor Wheel
65 mm Exhaust Wheel

6776 is a Cast Wheel NOT Billet (750 hp rated)
67 mm Compressor Wheel
76 mm Exhaust Wheel

Hope this helps claify the difference in these turbos.
Need anymore info or wish to order one, feel free to call us at 321-722-1563

Thank you,
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

I may be mistaken but...Isnt there a new billet 6776 DBB also? Im wondering how these two would compare? Thanx..;)

NO, there is not a 6776 BILLET turbo available.
There is a 6765 Billet DBB and a 6768 Billet DBB

Correction to my other post:
The 6776 is actually a 76 P-trim which is 64mm EXHAUST Wheel size.

Thanks,
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

I think Holly would get you a nice PTC 9.5 NLU and a set of 80lbs injectors.
She would probably need to know your existing cam to know if it would be worth it to change it out.

Can you give out recommended parts to go with this turbo, ie: injectors, cam, converter....?

A PTC Converter built custom to your specs!
Injector size depends on whether you have an aftermarket ECU or if you are running a stock ECU. Because if you still have a stock ECU you have to run Hi-Impedance Injectors and that will limit you on what size you can go with.

We sell Comp Hydraulic Roller cam kits that Cal can spec out a custom grind to get you exactly what you need. Or if you already have a hydraulic roller cam, you might not need to change anything.

It's all about having the Correct Combination and getting it tuned correctly!!:biggrin:

We do Package deals!! So give us a call and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance
321-722-1563

I think it will at the very least equal a 70mm.

I honestly don't think you'd be disappointed in the 3-bolt version of this turbo. If you want the "race car on the street" setup and don't mind the tradeoffs, just go with the 6768 aka GTQ with the .63a/r - if you want more you can always swap out the exhaust housing down the road.

I went with a 6768dbb billet with H cover an .63 a/r test drove it yesterday an was amazed .

I went with a 6768dbb billet with H cover an .63 a/r test drove it yesterday an was amazed .

What turbo did it replace?

What stall are you running?

How well does it spool? What is the rest of your combo if you don't mind sharing?

What turbo did it replace?

What stall are you running?

How well does it spool? What is the rest of your combo if you don't mind sharing?

It replaced a TE-60 ... best was a 11.64 @113 on short 275/50's

3300-3400 pts 9x11 converter 60# inj dual alky 275/60's

Stock longblock .... I have a set of Dan Strezo massaged GN1's to install with a 212/212 cam after i get a certain # im looking for with the stock longblock.

It spools really well with this converter .... trying to get everythng sortedout where i can do some track testing

FINALLY AN UPDATE.................:D

Finally made it out with this car to a good track. While we still have some sorting out to do, I'm happy with the results so far. This is in a FULL weight GN with a completely new suspesion http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...n-build.html?highlight=total+suspension+build that I'm still working on dialing in. Transbrake had some issues so just started leaving off the footbrake.

Soft 1.61 60ft leaving at about 7#
6.954 1/8th @ 98.61
10.889 1/4 @ 125.55

Had some issues with the AMS system. Boost was only about 21-22# according to XFI logs. I was shooting for around 25-26# since this is where the real power is with this turbo. There is ALOT more in this combination. 1/8 mile et/mph needs improvement but you can see this turbo really pulls out the back door. My goal for this setup has been consistent mid to low 10s on a full weight car without leaning on it too hard. With a better 60ft and some more fine tuning it will be there. I expect this combo to trap around 130mph when it's all said and done. More to come - stay tuned.............................