PTE 6765 Billet Wheel Turbo Has Landed!

Will,

My hopes are that since i am running a 4 bolt, flow should be a little better than the three bolt, and hopefully the 3200 will work.

If not, out comes the nitrous!!! (as much as everyone hates it) :)

or 0.68 A/R housing

This is Ken Mosher style.

Attachments

• wstgate.gif
    wstgate.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,167
Update - took it out tonight for one last street test session before it hits the track. Had to change to a 44mm Tial wastegate off of the header to get the boost control I wanted. While the track will tell the tale, the preliminary results look very promising.

According to my Pocket Dyno software it recorded an 1/8th mile et of 7.32 and 1/4 mile of 11.01 @ 123.27 with a 2.18 60ft. This was a street launch off the foot brake @ 0 psi. With a decent 60ft time in the 1.60 range we're looking at a 10.50-10.60 pass. Like I said, the track will tell the tale but this software has always been pretty close for me in the past on other cars.

This was at 21.5 psi folks and with conservative timing as well. This turbo pulls like a freight train on the big end! I plan to crank it up to around 25# at the track and see what I get. I won't be launching this car hard due to a stock driveshaft among other things but still hope to see something in the mid to high 6 range in the 1/8th which would be somewhere around a 10.25 in the 1/4.

Stay tuned......................................:eek:

Update - took it out tonight for one last street test session before it hits the track. Had to change to a 44mm Tial wastegate off of the header to get the boost control I wanted. While the track will tell the tale, the preliminary results look very promising.

According to my Pocket Dyno software it recorded an 1/8th mile et of 7.32 and 1/4 mile of 11.01 @ 123.27 with a 2.18 60ft. This was a street launch off the foot brake @ 0 psi. With a decent 60ft time in the 1.60 range we're looking at a 10.50-10.60 pass. Like I said, the track will tell the tale but this software has always been pretty close for me in the past on other cars.

This was at 21.5 psi folks and with conservative timing as well. This turbo pulls like a freight train on the big end! I plan to crank it up to around 25# at the track and see what I get. I won't be launching this car hard due to a stock driveshaft among other things but still hope to see something in the mid to high 6 range in the 1/8th which would be somewhere around a 10.25 in the 1/4.

Stay tuned......................................:eek:

So how did the spoolup feel on the low end?

when are you plannign on going to the track, and did the wastegate problem get fixed with the new Tial 44??

Oh i hope you can run low 10's at 25lbs. That would make me really happy.

when are you plannign on going to the track, and did the wastegate problem get fixed with the new Tial 44??

Oh i hope you can run low 10's at 25lbs. That would make me really happy.

I hope to get to go this Friday night if time and the weather cooperate.

The TiAL 44mm did the trick. Took a lot of slicing, dicing and welding but managed to gate it off the the header and dump back into the DP with a SLIC - as you can see in the pic it's tight! I can now control it as low as I want to go with spring pressure and let the AMS handle the rest. It may have worked to gate it off the exhaust housing like my 38mm but just decided to do it this way and be done with it.

photo.jpg

Well - here are some track results - sort of..........I've been messing with the big car too long - this street car stuff is tricky!

Took it out to our local crap hole of a track (1/8th mile) armed with good fuel and MT drag radials. Basically the only thing I have to report is that it ran 99mph in the 1/8th with only 20psi. Launching off the footbrake at 2# yielded a smoking hot 1.69 60ft time with a 7.14 et - this was with some spin and only 20psi. Any attempts to launch with more boost resulted in tire smoke. Tried turning it up to 25#s down track - as soon as it hit the tires went up in smoke. 25#s and up is where this turbo makes hay - I'll have to mount some slicks and get some boost controller advice from Cal and try it again later. Bottom line is that there is no doubt this is a mid to low 10sec turbo on a full weight GN with supporting mods. With a decent launch it would have run around a 10.80 in the 1/4 - at only 20psi with a mild tune in the XFI. There is no doubt this turbo will run mid to low 10s in a full weight car.

As Murphy would have it, the Powermaster died just as I was pulling into my driveway at home. :eek: I've got to get to work on getting the big car put back together for BG so this project will have to be continued at a later date.

Will, thanks for the report.
I had a power master fail 2.5 hours away from home at Sacramento Raceway.
At the time I was single and not a father, so I got some fluid and limped her home. I would really love to see what else if left in that combination.

Will, thanks for the report.
I had a power master fail 2.5 hours away from home at Sacramento Raceway.
At the time I was single and not a father, so I got some fluid and limped her home. I would really love to see what else if left in that combination.

I assure you there's ALOT more in this combo. 20#s of boost is only scratching the surface - I've had it to 27-28#s on the street - that's where the power is. When I say crap hole of a track I am being kind - the track itself as well as the conditions stunk! I was running on MT 255/50-16 drag radials so they aren't ideal but they should have done better than what I got. The Powermaster has been iffy for a while now - it just blew or rather melted the fuse and it appears to be another bad pressure switch. I'll have to decide if I want to get another high $ switch or just ditch the thing and go manual. I can't stand to leave anything on the table so I'll probably have it back out sooner than later. Stay tuned..................

im thinkin bout the 67 or the 62 waiting for your results to make my decision.Cant wait for the info.good luck next time at the track.

Haven't had it back out. Next time it will be on a good track armed with slicks. Been occupied trying to get the green machine ready for BG.

Haven't had it back out. Next time it will be on a good track armed with slicks. Been occupied trying to get the green machine ready for BG.

I thought u said u were runnen MT DR on it? Just wondering why u would have to switch to slicks. I would think u would have hooked up better with the MT's.

Is the boost comming on too fast? Have u tried making changes to ur boost controller? My setup will be very similar to urs so im tryen to figure where the problem lies with traction.

I thought u said u were runnen MT DR on it? Just wondering why u would have to switch to slicks. I would think u would have hooked up better with the MT's.

Is the boost comming on too fast? Have u tried making changes to ur boost controller? My setup will be very similar to urs so im tryen to figure where the problem lies with traction.

Most likely he is using slicks because they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more forgiving than DR's and will produce quicker e.t.'s. They can be shocked harder than any radial tire and for a pure street car which is what he really has he is limited on the weight transfer and DR's suck if there is a weight transfer problem or any unloading of the rear under power from the front of the car. The quickest and fastest cars in the world all run slicks. Brett you will not have any problems with traction unless you try and launch off a trans brake. At 700+hp i was able to flat foot mine in first gear on the street with only 100lbs of ballast in the trunk and no burn out and it hooked 90% of the time.

Most likely he is using slicks because they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more forgiving than DR's and will produce quicker e.t.'s. They can be shocked harder than any radial tire and for a pure street car which is what he really has he is limited on the weight transfer and DR's suck if there is a weight transfer problem or any unloading of the rear under power from the front of the car. The quickest and fastest cars in the world all run slicks. Brett you will not have any problems with traction unless you try and launch off a trans brake. At 700+hp i was able to flat foot mine in first gear on the street with only 100lbs of ballast in the trunk and no burn out and it hooked 90% of the time.

What did u have in the trunk?

I was running MT DRs - the track I went to STUNK. I blame the track conditions for the traction issues more than the tires. The DRs work well on the street. I will run slicks next time out to eliminate any potential traction issues so we can see what this turbo can do.