PTE 6265 swap from 5857

The 30-40 mph response was lagging. I havn't drivien the car since.... still debating what to do, upgrade the converter or sell the turbo and put the 5857 back on. I'm in no hurry to commit either way. On the "Vig 0 pump 3200 ", I did look at their site. What does the 0 stand for? I read on a forum that their converters are rated low and the 3200 is closer to 3600 which would follow what Bison recommends. How streetable is a 3600 converter, I've never had a car with one?

I'd get in touch with Dusty Bradford on the board here, he deals PTC converters. Do a quick search and you'll see some of the results people have been having. You just tell him your setup and your goals, and he'll get you what you need.

thanks, I'm surprised and value the support I've gotten on this forum. I'll look up Dusty and research Vig more.

How much boost and timing are you running? You did say you plan to make some others changes so do really want to get rid of it so soon. I'd try a converter. I just had a guy put a precision one in and it works great.

I plan to stick with it and try a converter, I was researching the issue all last night. I was all over the PTC and VIG sites for info. Watched some youtube video's of cars with 3600 converters.

Update, going to replace the converter with a multi disk Vigilanti. Will post results.

Almost set to install, waiting on lines and fluid now.
k9drv7.jpg

Big thanks to Brian of TurboBuickPerformance!

What did you run with the 5857? was it billet wheel as well? I ordered the 6262 for mine, hopefuly it'll be here next week. almost went with 6265 but from what I've heard the power difference isnt worth the lag.

Wheels are some American Racing 5 spoke.
I only have 6 runs on this car 12.6 was best @ 117, with a crappy 2.1 60'

On the lag I'm courious how it will act now. When I pulled the tranny pan the filter was laying on the pan,that couldn't have been good. I'm not sure all that lag was the turbo's fault. this converter and tranny should solve all that time will tell.

Pic on new LS7 750hp with Kinsler CF Throttlebody setup, it's in the Red Bull Formual Drift car, qualified #1 at Wall yesterday. First time motor was run, my friend is the team fabricator.
n3u5u1.jpg

2z8yxhv.jpg

Video I took
View My Video

117 is good for a mid 11 with a good 60'...
Was that with the 5857?

yes that was with the 5857. I got the tranny support and inspection cover from the powder coater, just waiting on the D6 and new lines. One line had a rounded fitting I had to cut. After removing the old tranny lines last night i think I should have went SS flex lines. I cut the old ones out, hopefully the new ones will snake into place.

just getting around to installing, pretty straight forward. New lines snaked right in.
rvcyyq.jpg

35l7yom.jpg

Big thanks to Pat at Precision, I called him to get a bigger cover for the 5857 and he asked why. I detailed the lag and he gave me areas to look at. just went through them all, and am now delighted. Basically exhaust leaks.
Ready to take to the track again. Big thanks to TT, Brian, and Pat. The 5857 is now in the for sale section.

120pfgj.jpg

My biggest issue was the wastegate plug leaking. Basically the exhaust was always venting. I pulled the downpipe and checked the mating and it was fine. Did notice slack with the linkage. I had used high temp RTV on the flange and it was all gone. I had retightened the bolts so once the RTV was gone and the bolts retightened the plug was not making good contact. I turned the WG rod 1.5 turns and now the boost starts building once you punch it. so short story long the lag is gone, boost starts right up. Constantly venting was killing the turbo.

Do you know when Milford Days is this year?