PTE 6265 swap from 5857

AN/GSC-52

Hope to get most of the work done this weekend. New turbo, injectors 60lb, new TT chip, PTE turbo saver, AEM WB, some misc stuff.
How it sits now, nothing fancy.

2d2hzq9.jpg

y2hdd.jpg

Down pipe is with welder for o2 bung.
Best on old setup was 12.6 117 with 2.1 60', I know some left on the table.
Goal is a streetable 11.0 car that runs 11.5 consistently, hopefully on pump. Will go race gas vs Alky.

That's a big jump. A 6262 would be better with stock heads.

hydroboost brakes, forged internals, girdle, iron heads PP oversized valves, roller rockers, 3000 stall on built tranny (not much known on it), stock rear, air bag, square rear LCA, big fuel pump with hot wire kit, powerlogger. Was running 20 psi on 93, but usually with 4 gallons of 110 added in. Just a stout stock engine.

Also have since installed the RJC power plate.

70mm TB, PTE SLIC,
Cam ESP custom roller 112 lobe sep, 208/213 dur @.50, cam lift. in.319-ex.302

Best on old setup was 12.6 117 with 2.1 60', I know some left on the table.
Goal is a streetable 11.0 car that runs 11.5 consistently, hopefully on pump. Will go race gas vs Alky.

hydroboost brakes, forged internals, girdle, iron heads PP oversized valves, roller rockers, 3000 stall on built tranny (not much known on it), stock rear, air bag, square rear LCA, big fuel pump with hot wire kit, powerlogger. Was running 20 psi on 93, but usually with 4 gallons of 110 added in. Just a stout stock engine.

Also have since installed the RJC power plate.

70mm TB, PTE SLIC,
Cam ESP custom roller 112 lobe sep, 208/213 dur @.50, cam lift. in.319-ex.302
So did you run 12.6@117 with the mods shown? If you did then you could have just worked on your 60' and ran in the 11s. Only running 20lbs of boost with the 5857 that's not bad mph. I would have saved the coin and bumped that sucker up to 26 and gone for it. Well at least your helping the economy.

Pronto, yes and I agree, my longer term goal is for a stage II motor, hopefully in 2012. The 60' was so bad because of the air and track temp, at least that's my excuse.

So are you just going to run a reducer down to the 3" MAF pipe or are you going to a different MAF pipe?

I got the reducer from Pat, but think eventually I'll go with a 4" MAF pipe. I'll need to upgrade the MAF or cut the 4" tube. I need to align the IC higher too it's sits to low, and replace the ground wire.

zwxbnn.jpg

You can see how miss aligned the turbo and IC is.
The fuel pressure sensor was like that when I got the car, I'll tidy that up too.

Did you port the wastegate hole to match your wastegate puck? Its going to be like an 1/8 of an inch smaller in diameter than your wastgate puck. Yours looks like it hasn't been touched.

No, I've read a lot of the articles on here about it and understand the principle. the 5857wasn't ported with no problems so going to try not porting this one.