PTE 6265 swap from 5857

Hopefully these pics show how impossible it would be to install the WG to the cold side housing.
the vacum tank hits the oulet and is right in the way of where the WG should mount.
One possibility would be to lengthen the rod and mount further toward pass side?
Or shorten and mount to heat sheild mount bracket?
Had to cancel tonight with my fab guy, late night at work.

5ajler.jpg

mn18xs.jpg

This pic is a good data point. This is how the turbo arrived. If mounted with the cold side clocked the WG would be where the oil return line is.

18m9f6.jpg

I'm away from the car now but I can tell you the bolt closest to the turbo drain is where you mount one bolt. You may need to walk all the flanges around one bolt to get it to mount up that way.

WG is on, needed a mobile shout out (cash cab)to get it right. Good thing I did he picked up on a crack in my fuel rail and is going to fab up a tidy fix with a spare one I have. Camera battery is dead so more pics and updates tomorrow.

I'm away from the car now but I can tell you the bolt closest to the turbo drain is where you mount one bolt. You may need to walk all the flanges around one bolt to get it to mount up that way.

walked the flanges and bolted right up.
2prfms2.jpg

This plate was welded and threaded into the fuel rail. plate weld was terrible replacing the whole setup.

dvkmrt.jpg

We swapped the sensor to the other side, easier to set FP
SS Fitting welded to fuel rail
3469dec.jpg

Guage and sensor tee off fitting
nbp3mc.jpg

Is there something connected to the schrader valve at the end of the rail? You may want to put a gauge there during the initial setting to verify the rail mounted one reads the same. Let us know if the engine vibrations start to throw it off over time bacause that has been found misleading on a few cars.
Glad you got it all bolted up. Looking forward to your review of the turbo.

there is nothing on the shrader end but a cap.
the shrader valve is leaking on this used rail so I'll swap it out tomorrow.
I have a fuel guage on the A pillar I can compare the rail guage with.
My friend doesn't like the underhood guage either, simpler is better.
i had the guage and just wanted to use it.

Keep an eye on the accuracy of that FP gauge. Often times the vibration of the engine will rattle the gauge literally to death. :eek: I ran a braided line directly off the end of the fuel rail and mounted my gauge to the power steering reservior bracket.

You can take the needle out of the schreder valve and add a braided fuel line to the end. I bought the line from Jeg's I think, it was a direct fit to the end of the rail and my gauge.

You can get the general idea in the picture.
hpim1241.jpg

I'll keep an eye on it, probably should get an oil filled guage. I can keep an eye on it's accuracy with the a pillar one, it's sensor is whats connected to the TEE.

As mentioned my friend Dominic did this mod for me. Here is a pic of a steering setup he fabricted for another car I have.
25z2bz8.jpg

For the same car he modded this, delrin bushings, rack converted to manual, adj LCA, hub spacers
5nma9v.jpg

Pretty talented fabricator

Next issue IAC clearance
sf7wwl.jpg

I see Cottons has both the Champion index block and a billet piece, does anyone have any preferences?

I had to run a 1/2" aluminum plenum spacer due to that same issue, I'm positive it was due to the Poston Headers though. Some Vendors still have this spacer.

I had to run a 1/2" aluminum plenum spacer due to that same issue, I'm positive it was due to the Poston Headers though. Some Vendors still have this spacer.

I see Cotton's has different size spacers, I don't think 1/2" will be enough for my fitement? need to measure.

So am I understanding this correctly: You have to angle the IAC plus put a spacer under the plenum/throttle body?

See post 52. That's what happens with a 4" inlet. One of Buicks little engineering flaws.

1" spacer is great for clearance, just a test fit. Hood shuts but I am concerned on clearance.
2zxw036.jpg

Installed these, I know the knock guage is old skool but it fills a hole, other is WB. the color matches better in person?
2mydanb.jpg