PT67bb install pics

Sonnamaker....is that you?

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140
6.21 @ 112

No he is a really good friend though. I beat him down till he gave me the car! :wink:

He let it sit around and gather dust too much. It needed me to love it correctly. :D

No he is a really good friend though. I beat him down till he gave me the car! :wink:

He let it sit around and gather dust too much. It needed me to love it correctly. :D
You should come hang with the LSPBC. We will be having a meeting sometime in Jan. :biggrin:

Here is my new turbo.

Attachments

• 100_0005.jpg
    100_0005.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 921
Has anyone found a way yet to intall the oil line in a way that allows you to keep the shield.....without cutting the shield?? No way I'm cutting my BUICK RACING chrome shield.

You can do it. Mine has the remote oil filter and the cover fits on no problem.

Can you see this easy?

Attachments

• Motor In and ready2.jpg
    Motor In and ready2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 833
I see it, but not real clearly. Did you replace the fitting that came with the turbo? Part#'s or specs for the pieces you used? I don't know if you bought that as a pre-fabbed setup, or put it together for yourself. But if that clears, it'd be just what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Note-I'm talking about a BB67 turbo.

Has anyone found a way yet to intall the oil line in a way that allows you to keep the shield.....without cutting the shield?? No way I'm cutting my BUICK RACING chrome shield.

I have the PTE remote oil filter setup. The oil line with this setup will fit under the turbo shield. The coolant lines can be positioned to fit under a sheild too.

Finally got the 6776 & Intercooler installed.

Here a few pix of the 6776 DBB and new intercooler intsalled. Didn't get to turn of do much driving yet, just been too cold.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Just got my 67BB installed. I was curios as to how it would spool as compared to the TE-60 I'd been running. I'm only 2800-3000 stall right now. But with the stroker build and the extra cubes, I'm happy to say that it spools JUST FINE! :D I think I could fry the tires off straight up to 100mph. Going from a 60mph roll, it goes to insane spinning outofcontrol instantly. Off the line, it's gonna be hard to say until I get some traction, but I swear I think it spools at about the same speed as the 60. If I can keep this same converter I will be vey happy.

I've heard mention that you can hear the ball bearings while driving....I cant. Of course, all I can hear is tire, LOL! Whats funny is that after I shut it down, I can pop the hood, walk around to the engine compartment, and still hear the turbo spining for about another 30 seconds. That thing just ROLLS! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers this turbo can produce, but I'll say right now, it's NUTS at 21psi.

this is just from what ive seen...

if your engine is fresh, and proper tunning " no blow by etc.." you will be guaranteed to run in the 10's

Welcome to the club...

Just got my 67BB installed. I was curios as to how it would spool as compared to the TE-60 I'd been running. I'm only 2800-3000 stall right now. But with the stroker build and the extra cubes, I'm happy to say that it spools JUST FINE! :D I think I could fry the tires off straight up to 100mph. Going from a 60mph roll, it goes to insane spinning outofcontrol instantly. Off the line, it's gonna be hard to say until I get some traction, but I swear I think it spools at about the same speed as the 60. If I can keep this same converter I will be vey happy.

I've heard mention that you can hear the ball bearings while driving....I cant. Of course, all I can hear is tire, LOL! Whats funny is that after I shut it down, I can pop the hood, walk around to the engine compartment, and still hear the turbo spining for about another 30 seconds. That thing just ROLLS! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers this turbo can produce, but I'll say right now, it's NUTS at 21psi.

Just a word of advice...theres no doubt that the tires will break loose at will but thats not exactly a recipe for long lasting rod and main bearings. I caught mine just in time. The block long smokey burnout is a lot of fun until U have to pay the machine shop bill. Im considering running around at 10lbs of boost on the street thinking that will keep me from getting stupid on the throttle again like last year. Thats a big drop from the 27lbs on alky it saw all last year :eek: .

Hey, I keep it at 10MPH under the speed limit at all times....just like everyone else here. ;)

Point taken. But I DID have to test it out. :D

I have the PTE remote oil filter setup. The oil line with this setup will fit under the turbo shield. The coolant lines can be positioned to fit under a sheild too.

On the coolant lines fitting under the shield, with which fittings? The PTE kit that you used? Did you simply form the lines to fit better with a bender?

On the coolant lines fitting under the shield, with which fittings? The PTE kit that you used? Did you simply form the lines to fit better with a bender?

The PTE coolant lines will fit under the shield without any tweaking.

Ya don't say.

Then what is the notching folks are needing to do? The oil supply line??

Couldn't the sweeping 90º be replaced with a 90º elbow?

Dean