PT67bb install pics

Just thought I would throw in my 6776bb install pics with my notched sheild and my PTE IC that I had to cut/modify to align with the turbo outlet.:eek:

Whew! Minor surgery. Looks good though. How do you like the turbo so far? Can you hear the ball bearings?

Mine has been working great all summer. I'm loving it.

Just thought I would throw in my 6776bb install pics with my notched sheild and my PTE IC that I had to cut/modify to align with the turbo outlet.:eek:

I love that engine bay. Almost total lack of color. Looks great.

here is my 6776 install pics

Picture023.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics Pacemaker...now you made my engine bay really look bad.:eek: :biggrin:

Love the turbo...especially with that PTC 3200 converter. It is insta spool to 24 psi. It makes my ET streets feel like radials!:cool:

That's just plain old off the shelf ultra high heat paint from Autozone. It's doing fine so far. It's turned from satin black to satin grey, but its not flaking or coming off anywhere.

The turbo comes apart very easily, just be careful not to damage the wheels (especially the aluminum compressor wheel) by bumping them too hard with the housings. And when you put it back together, you can clock it where you want it so it fits the best on your car. For clocking, just loosen the bolts a little and turn the housings to where you want them, you can do it after the turbo is in the car.

Do you have any pix of the turbine side now after some milage ? Also do you remember what brand the "off the shelf ultra high heat paint from Autozone" was ?

thanks,

Brad

Do you have any pix of the turbine side now after some milage ? Also do you remember what brand the "off the shelf ultra high heat paint from Autozone" was ?

thanks,

Brad

Here's a recent pic (today). Duplicolor ultra high heat from Autozone.
6776rh4.jpg

here's a shot of Melissa's GN with the 67 turbo to an old V4 intercooler .. works great !!! :cool:

Attachments

• Meleng907.JPG
    Meleng907.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,224
Made some more passes today. 2nd pass on this combo was a 10.72 @ 125+ again. Serious 30MPH headwind was brutal!

Nice pics. I have an Older Polished PT63 A that the 6776 turbo replaced. I am however getting the PT70GTQ I have a 3600 Stall and a 218 cam with full ported heads 65lb injectors, Precision FMIC, remote oil system and an SMC Progressive dual nozzle system. With the Single nozzle 26* timing 24,25,26.5 psi she went 1.52 60', 6.68@106 no 1/4 times yet this year. Equates to an approximate 10.35 I am in Texas at about 680 ft good air and it was about 60* out.

I need some of those nice headers! All the pics look great and gives me ideas for cleaning this baby up some. I'll post some before and after pics when I get everything ready to do the work.

You have a lot more in her nice results to start!

Yes I had a GN I made a huge mistake and sold it! But I have the 87 T and she is great! Not gonna change the screen name tho! ;)

Nice pics. I have an Older Polished PT63 A that the 6776 turbo replaced. I am however getting the PT70GTQ I have a 3600 Stall and a 218 cam with full ported heads 65lb injectors, Precision FMIC, remote oil system and an SMC Progressive dual nozzle system. With the Single nozzle 26* timing 24,25,26.5 psi she went 1.52 60', 6.68@106 no 1/4 times yet this year. Equates to an approximate 10.35 I am in Texas at about 680 ft good air and it was about 60* out.

I need some of those nice headers! All the pics look great and gives me ideas for cleaning this baby up some. I'll post some before and after pics when I get everything ready to do the work.

Yes I had a GN I made a huge mistake and sold it! But I have the 87 T and she is great! Not gonna change the screen name tho! ;)

I like to hear that, 106mph in the 1/8th! I think on the 10.7 pass I was at 101.x in the 1/8th. I'm making a switch from the Vigilante converter to a PTC non lock and also switching from SMC to Alkycontrol, I think these changes will iron out my combo pretty well. Can't wait for spring! (again!) Beautiful T you got there.

Sonnamaker....is that you?

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140
6.21 @ 112

I like to hear that, 106mph in the 1/8th! I think on the 10.7 pass I was at 101.x in the 1/8th. I'm making a switch from the Vigilante converter to a PTC non lock and also switching from SMC to Alkycontrol, I think these changes will iron out my combo pretty well. Can't wait for spring! (again!) Beautiful T you got there.

Yeah my Converter is a PTC it made a major difference in the way my car pulls through the entire run! Let me know how you like the Alkycontrol. I like the SMC right now myself but I am always open to ideas.

Thanks I really missed having a TR!!