PT67bb install pics

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Man I can't wait for spring. New turbo, new headers, new 70mm throttle and new PTE upper plenum with RJC plate.
P1270094.jpg

P1270096.jpg

Kind of hard to tell, but will a turbo shield fit over it with the water lines?

EDIT: Nevermind, the first picture initally didn't load for me, I see the bracket.

Thanks for the pictures. I just bought the same turbo and will be installing it soon. Nice workmanship.
MLH

Here's how I did mine on my 6031RE.

DSC00474.jpg

The hoses just wrap around to the factory t-body coolant line barbs on the main heater pipes.
The only difference you will see between out two turbos is, I run the factory oil feed line setup and on MJRs 67, he runs the Oil filter relocation kit that includes a new braided oil feed line, which lets you move the front water coolant line over to the drivers side of the feed fitting. I will eventually get the oil filter relocation kit as it is highly recommended. The Buick specific water coolant line kit comes with a section of hose and 4 worm clamps, you cut the hose to length and install the pieces. There are no written instructions however, but I do recommend using some white teflon paste on the banjo fittings for the water fittings.
HTH

Patrick

Do you have picture of it backed off a little bit more so I can see the whole setup. If not, thanks for the help.

Jason

I need money for diapers and formula, please stop posting pictures of these new turbos!!!:mad: :biggrin:

This is the only pic backed off a little bit so far, I gotta finish up underhood before I snap more.

DSC00472.jpg

Didn't mean to Hijack your post MRJ

Patrick

Went for a spin today....

:eek: This thing is stupid! Unbeleivable compared to the PT51 I was running. I just went down the street and hit it in 2nd gear few times. It's uncontrollable..:biggrin:

The spool up with the Precision 3200 is super quick, and once it has some traction (which requires easing into it 60 MPH or so...) it pulls out harder than ever before.

I still need a few odds 'n ends before it goes to the track but I suspect those 10 sec timeslips will not be a problem.

The sound from ball bearings is very distinctive. I can clearly hear the sound of the bearings rolling in their races when it winds up or down.

While driving, I thought to myself.... "you better be really careful with this thing you big dummy."

:eek: This thing is stupid! Unbeleivable compared to the PT51 I was running. I just went down the street and hit it in 2nd gear few times. It's uncontrollable..:biggrin:

The spool up with the Precision 3200 is super quick, and once it has some traction (which requires easing into it 60 MPH or so...) it pulls out harder than ever before.

I still need a few odds 'n ends before it goes to the track but I suspect those 10 sec timeslips will not be a problem.

The sound from ball bearings is very distinctive. I can clearly hear the sound of the bearings rolling in their races when it winds up or down.

While driving, I thought to myself.... "you better be really careful with this thing you big dummy."
How does it sound with the new headers? Glad to hear you got it going. When are you going out of town? Dave

'dem'der are TA performance headers. It's freaking loud at WOT. The same familiar Buick Buzzin' Half Dozen sound, just really loud. But the idle and cruising sound about the same as before. What I really noticed more than the exhaust note was the sound coming from the ball bearings in the turbo.

Dave,
I'm in NJ right now, but I'll be around on the weekends. Hey you know you need one of these 67 turbos for that TA!

'dem'der are TA performance headers. It's freaking loud at WOT. The same familiar Buick Buzzin' Half Dozen sound, just really loud. But the idle and cruising sound about the same as before. What I really noticed more than the exhaust note was the sound coming from the ball bearings in the turbo.

Dave,
I'm in NJ right now, but I'll be around on the weekends. Hey you know you need one of these 67 turbos for that TA!

Just let me borrow yours, so I can see if I like it. Call me this weekend if you have some extra time. I'll stop by with my TA if I get it back together. I need to go for a ride in yours too. 847-875-8153

I noticed the same thing with my TA headers and the ball bearing turbo. The car is definitely louder and the throttle is snappier. The sound of the turbo definitely is way different than my PT61. I had the same experience on my test drive, too - thought to myself "okay, now we have the potential to make bad things happen really fast".

I like those flexible hose couplings. I think I might go that route. Did you notice any difference when you let off the throttle - like stumbling? I get a really bad stumble off throttle since moving to the bigger turbo w/ the ball bearings (stupid thing is spooling all the time). I think it's air moving back through the intake tract so I'm going to move the MAF to the up pipe and see if that helps.

Jim