PT67bb install pics

Just let me borrow yours, so I can see if I like it. Call me this weekend if you have some extra time. I'll stop by with my TA if I get it back together. I need to go for a ride in yours too. 847-875-8153

:biggrin: :biggrin: I'll give you a buzz!

I noticed the same thing with my TA headers and the ball bearing turbo. The car is definitely louder and the throttle is snappier. The sound of the turbo definitely is way different than my PT61. I had the same experience on my test drive, too - thought to myself "okay, now we have the potential to make bad things happen really fast".

I like those flexible hose couplings. I think I might go that route. Did you notice any difference when you let off the throttle - like stumbling? I get a really bad stumble off throttle since moving to the bigger turbo w/ the ball bearings (stupid thing is spooling all the time). I think it's air moving back through the intake tract so I'm going to move the MAF to the up pipe and see if that helps.

Jim

The compressor surge when I let off didn't seem to be causing any problems, but I usually let off pretty quickly. I know if I try to ease out of it, it will probably buck (it always did before with the PT51). Ported shroud compressors and blow-off valves are the way to go if you want to reduce the severity of that type of stuff.

The compressor surge when I let off didn't seem to be causing any problems, but I usually let off pretty quickly. I know if I try to ease out of it, it will probably buck (it always did before with the PT51). Ported shroud compressors and blow-off valves are the way to go if you want to reduce the severity of that type of stuff.

Blow thru MAF setups or speed density fix it too......

B

first pass ever with this killer turbo. 10.99 @ 125.66 (quickest and fastest I've ever gone)
Boost was 25 on the gauge, or 29 on the MAP sensor. Pick whichever you like best cus I dunno which one is right. Only 19 degrees of timing though. AFR=11.30 for most of the run. 100 octane and single nozzle SMC meth.

If I could have made some more passes I think 10.50-10.70 on the same tune would be easy. But they kicked my arse out for lack of a roll cage, etc.... etc...

That looked like a 2.10 60ft.

I heard u went 1.7 to the 60ft. but that looked slower, Dont these turbos pull like crazy?:biggrin: . We gotta get down and have some side by side fun, Im tired of whipping Surej and Tommy. I need a good whipping myself before my head gets bigger than it already is. ANd one more thing we might have to start callin U John Force after watching that burnout!----------Sweet.

I heard u went 1.7 to the 60ft. but that looked slower, Dont these turbos pull like crazy?:biggrin: . We gotta get down and have some side by side fun, Im tired of whipping Surej and Tommy. I need a good whipping myself before my head gets bigger than it already is. ANd one more thing we might have to start callin U John Force after watching that burnout!----------Sweet.

LMAO thanks man.
Yep it was a 1.7 60ft off the foot brake at 6-8PSI, but like the video shows she didn't hit hard until she was out there a bit, man I thought my fat azz was gonna break the drivers seat when she started pullin'.
That commie tech inspector really had it out for me right from the beginning. Hopefully you have a different guy on sunday. I had a kiddie seat in back, which in my opinion is more than adequate safety gear for a street car. But that just pissed him off more when I brought it up.:p

Oh and that rolling burnout... Ya gotta make sure there's no residual water left on 'em :)

LMAO thanks man.
Yep it was a 1.7 60ft off the foot brake at 6-8PSI, but like the video shows she didn't hit hard until she was out there a bit, man I thought my fat azz was gonna break the drivers seat when she started pullin'.
That commie tech inspector really had it out for me right from the beginning. Hopefully you have a different guy on sunday. I had a kiddie seat in back, which in my opinion is more than adequate safety gear for a street car. But that just pissed him off more when I brought it up.:p

Oh and that rolling burnout... Ya gotta make sure there's no residual water left on 'em :)

Nice what other mods have you done to the motor?? Or is it mainly stock??
Im trying to decid what turbo to get next as Im looking for 10's of the foot brake and mid to low off the t-brake :)

Thanks for the great thread and photos!

Man I can't wait for spring. New turbo, new headers, new 70mm throttle and new PTE upper plenum with RJC plate.
P1270094.jpg

P1270096.jpg

who did your coating on the turbine side and center section ?? How is it holding up now with some miles on it ? Was is expensive to do the coating ??

I was going to have my 6776RH sent out next week when it comes in to get coated, is there anything special I need to know to break the turbo down, anything strange when taking the turbo apart ??:confused:

Just wondering what I'm getting my self into getting this coating and mainly so I don't screw anything up,:(

thanks in advance,:smile:

Brad

Nice what other mods have you done to the motor?? Or is it mainly stock??
Im trying to decid what turbo to get next as Im looking for 10's of the foot brake and mid to low off the t-brake :)

Thanks for the great thread and photos!

The motor is a 109 block .030 over, ported heads and intake, comp 210/210 roller cam, Diamond pistons, stock crank / rods, balanced rotating assembly, steel main caps, TA headers, 75lb injectors, and methanol injection.

who did your coating on the turbine side and center section ?? How is it holding up now with some miles on it ? Was is expensive to do the coating ??

I was going to have my 6776RH sent out next week when it comes in to get coated, is there anything special I need to know to break the turbo down, anything strange when taking the turbo apart ??:confused:

Just wondering what I'm getting my self into getting this coating and mainly so I don't screw anything up,:(

thanks in advance,:smile:

Brad

That's just plain old off the shelf ultra high heat paint from Autozone. It's doing fine so far. It's turned from satin black to satin grey, but its not flaking or coming off anywhere.

The turbo comes apart very easily, just be careful not to damage the wheels (especially the aluminum compressor wheel) by bumping them too hard with the housings. And when you put it back together, you can clock it where you want it so it fits the best on your car. For clocking, just loosen the bolts a little and turn the housings to where you want them, you can do it after the turbo is in the car.

Just thought I would throw in my 6776bb install pics with my notched sheild and my PTE IC that I had to cut/modify to align with the turbo outlet.:eek:

Attachments

• ic hose 001 (Custom).jpg
    ic hose 001 (Custom).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,368
  • ic hose 003 (Custom).jpg
    ic hose 003 (Custom).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,367